- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Reset Click Wheel Ipod (newer ipods including resetting an ipod video)
1. Flip the Hold switch on and off and make sure it ends up no longer on hold.
2. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons (center Button) until the
Apple logo appears (may take 5-11 seconds, and you may need to repeat
If this not work for you try plugging your ipod into computer or wall power
Resetting iPod (with dock connector)
Most problems with iPod can be solved by resetting it.
To reset iPod:
1 Connect iPod to a power outlet using the iPod Power Adapter.
2 Toggle the Hold switch on and off (set it to Hold, then turn it off again).
3 Press and hold the Play/Pause and Menu buttons for at least 5 seconds, until the
Apple logo appears.
If Your iPod Won't Turn On or Respond
* Make sure the Hold switch is off.
* If you're using the iPod Remote, make sure the remotes Hold switch is off.
* If that doesn't work, connect iPod to the iPod Power Adapter and connect the
adapter to a working electrical outlet. Your iPod battery may need to be recharged.
Resetting iPod (with out dock connector)
If that doesn't work, your iPod may need to be reset.While the iPod
is connected to power, press and hold the Play and Menu buttons
for at least 5 seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
Your battery is draining too fast . There is some problem with the internal battery .Since it is brand new I will prefer you to go to apple service center to get your itouch repaired . Some products will be having these kind of problem . Apple will replace it .
Hope this helps .
1. Try sliding the little switch on the top on and off several times. If that doesn't work the slide switch is broken. If it's under warranty (12 months), take it to your nearest Authorised Apple Service Centre and they will get it exchanged in a couple of days
No warranty? Google "iPod repairs" in your country and you should be able to find someone who can fix it. The usually have a self diagnosis on line so will get an idea of the cost before you begin
ok try this and see what happens. plug in the charger and let it charge for a while. unplug it and find the switch on the top of the ipod which you will turn off. No Green will be showing. wait 5 minutes and whic it to shuffle or play and you should have just reset you shuffle. Good Luck
Try connecting ur ipod to ur computer..If desktop, then conenct it to USB port at the rear of ur computer....Make sure ur computer is not set to sleep mode or screen saver mode... Charge it for at least 4 to 8 hrs(without a break)... Then try reseting the ipod when it is connected....
Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.