Question about PC Laptops
I have recently installed a wireless HP printer device and software, when the program had changed the network connection some how.
I lost my internet connection and had since uninstalled the program and now I cannot get the Network Wizard to to create any type of Network connection of any kind.
My computer is a Sony laptop working on XP. The 1394 Network adapter is not visible nor is the Network Adapter Connection.
I have check the Device Mgr and my 1394 Network IS VISIBLE and my INTEL (R) Pro / wireless 3945 ABG Network Connection adapter, plus the Marvell Yukon 88E8036 PCI-E Ethernet Controller which is in the Device Mgr, but is not visible in the network connection in my network place.
I have tried several times to use the wizard to create a new network connection without any luck.
Do you have any idea of how to troubleshoot this issue as I have searched the internet for programs to possibly resolved this without any luck.
Try having a System Restore on your computer back to the date before you installed the wireless HP printer device and software.
Posted on Sep 13, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 14, 2013 | HP Pavilion N5495 Notebook
Jan 03, 2013 | HP Pavilion G7-2118NR Notebook
Sep 25, 2011 | HP Compaq Presario V2000 Notebook
1) Install the network adapter on the printer, if necessary. Many wireless printers have the adapter pre-installed, but if this isn't the case, turn off and unplug the printer. Then, remove the back cover on the adapter slot and place the adapter into the slot.
2) Plug in and turn on the printer. Then, insert the drivers CD that came with the printer into the CD drive of the computer. If you've misplaced the CD, the drivers can be downloaded from the website of the printer's manufacturer.
3) Configure the network adapter. Once the drivers installation has loaded, select "Using a wireless network" and then select "Next". Usually, there is a User Agreement at this point, to which you will agree and press "Next".
4) Connect the laptop to the printer using a USB cable. Connect one end into the USB port on the back of the printer and the other end to a free USB port on the computer.
5) Finish configuring the network adapter. After connecting the laptop and printer with the USB cable, select "Create or modify the printer's wireless settings" and then click "Next".
6) Connect the printer to a wireless network. The wireless setup utility will automatically open after the adapter has been configured. Find your wireless network in the "Wireless networks found in your area" and select "Next". Then verify this information on the next screen.
7) Connect the laptop to the printer through the wireless network. Now, disconnect the USB cable. Make sure that both the laptop and printer are connected to your network. If they are, you're now set up.
Aug 05, 2011 | PC Laptops
Dec 26, 2008 | PC Laptops
Dec 26, 2008 | PC Laptops
Sep 30, 2008 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Aug 09, 2008 | PC Laptops
Jun 22, 2008 | Sharp Actius MP30 Notebook
Dec 11, 2016 | PC Laptops
637 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!