Question about Brother DCP-110C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Hey. its time for "subscription renewal" which your printer had reach its service life. Get it to your agent or repair shop to get it re-set. Thereafter good as new.
Posted on Sep 28, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: unable to clean
Here is the "Unable to Clean" (code 46) solution:
The machine counts all purge (cleaning) operations in order to prevent the internal ink absorber box from overflowing with purged ink. An “initial purge”, for example, advances the purge counter by 187 + 420 = 607. When the purge counter approaches 6400, an internal "Machine Error 46" is generated. Further purge operations are prohibited, and therefore the printer becomes unuseable.
When an internal Machine Error 46 is generated, the user will see an “Unable to Clean” external message and will be unable to use the printer. The “Unable to Clean” external message can relate to many different internal error codes however.
The user can establish the internal Machine Error Code as follows: pull the mains cable out of the machine (power off), hold down the Menu/Set key, re-insert the mains cable into the machine (power on). The internal Machine Error Code will be displayed.
If there is a Machine Error 46, it is necessary to dismantle the printer, replace the ink absorber box (or possibly break the ink absorber box open and clean its absorbent sponges under a tap), re-assemble the printer and reset the purge counter to zero.
Solution no. 1. (DCP-110C):
The proper reset code sequence to reset DCP printers without numeric keypad should be as follows:
1. press buttons Set, Menu, Mono Start one by one, followed by up arrow key four times.this should all be done as short a time as possible, around 3 seconds.
2. enter maintenance mode 80 by pressing the up/down arrow key and set key to select numbers 8 and 0
3. press up arrow key several times to get to the Purge item
4. enter 2, 7, 8 and 3 using arrow/set keys to reset the counter
5. press Stop/Exit key to go to root of maintenance mode
6. enter 9,9 to exit maintenance mode
Solution no. 2. (DCP 115):
1. Pres 'menu', 'mono start' then 'menu' one by one...
2. Press the arrow up or down to go to 'maintenance 80'.
3. Press 'mono start' several times to go to 'Purge'. Finding the PURGE will show some numeric value which is I assume the number of times the printer had cleaned.
4. Press 'arrow up' key and scroll for number "2" then press "set". Do the same for numbers 7, 8 and
3. After you have entered this combination, the purge numeric value will be reseted to 0000.
Solution no. 3. (for printers with numeric keypad):
Resetting purge counter on MFC620CN/420CN/410CN/210C and FAX2440C:
1. Enter machine maintenance mode (on MFC210C all four photo/copy/fax/scan lights flash in maintenance mode). Care is needed in maintenance mode, otherwise critical settings may be inadvertently corrupted.
FAX models with numerical keypads: Press the Menu/Set, *, 2, 8, 6 and 4 keys within two seconds. (if you fail to complete the correct key sequence within two seconds, press the Stop key to try again).
Other (non-FAX) models: Press the Menu/Set and Black Start keys. Next press the “up arrow” key four times to enter the maintenance mode.
2. Press the 8 then 0 keys in the initial stage of the maintenance mode to call up the machine's log information list (function code 80).
3. Press the Black Start key several times to scroll through the log information list to reach the purge counter. The purge counter is the 25th item in the list.
4. Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero.
5. Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
6. Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state.
Posted on Jan 16, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 22, 2014 | Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet...
Feb 23, 2013 | Brother Multi-Function Center MFC-3360c...
Jan 30, 2011 | Brother Multi-Function Center® MFC-215C...
Dec 01, 2010 | Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet...
Aug 05, 2010 | Brother DCP 130C All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 16, 2010 | Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet...
Aug 29, 2009 | Brother DCP 130C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 08, 2008 | Brother DCP-110C All-In-One InkJet Printer
156 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: