Question about Sony STR-DE985 Receiver
The left channel on my 2nd room source RCA input jack on the back of the receiver is not working. I've hooked up an AudioSource integrated amplifier to power some deck speakers. I've narrowed the problem down to the receiver. Is there a way to fix w/o spending a ton of money at circuit city? Thank you.
It sounds like the jack just needs to be resoldered is all. Open it up and resolder it. Simple, yet beautiful.
Posted on May 17, 2006
Tips for a great answer:
May 04, 2014 | Kenwood VR-305
U cant get an amplified out put form ur av receiver for zone 2. speaker a A and B is the same out put of frond left and right. it is not ZONE 2 output. U can get only a pre output for zone to from this receiver. U nee a separate stereo amplifier for using zone 2 .put an amplifier in the other room, connect the zone 2 pre out to it. And do the following setup in ur av receiver .
The receiver shows check speaker cable because its amplifier minimum impedance is 8 ohms . when u connect other speaker in speaker the total impedance will come under 4 ohms. Speaker b is not ZONE 2 in this amplifier
1. press the input selector button A or B to select the source component you want to setup.
2. press and hold LEARN (on remote) button about 3 seconds by using a boll pen or similar object ( SETUP and the selected component name appear alternately in the display window.)
3. press up or down arrow to select "zone2"
4. press LEARN to complete the Zone 2 setup.
5. press source select up arrow to display Zone2 in the window.
6. press an input selector button to select input source u want to listen to in the second room
7. u can control the component by using the component control area button
Dec 26, 2010 | Yamaha RX-V2200 Receiver
Dec 07, 2010 | Denon AVR-2308CI
Jul 01, 2010 | Sony STR-DA5ES 6.1 Channels Receiver
Jan 27, 2010 | RCA RT2400R Receiver
Jul 22, 2009 | Denon AVR-3300 Receiver
Jan 07, 2009 | Denon AVR-3803 Receiver
Dec 27, 2008 | Kenwood VR-405 Receiver
Oct 30, 2008 | Onkyo TX-SR804 7.1 Channels Receiver
May 27, 2008 | Denon AVR-1803 Receiver
Jan 16, 2009 | Sony STR-DE985 Receiver
Feb 25, 2008 | Sony STR-DE985 Receiver
48 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!