An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Will not turn on.
I read of the following fix for the nomad II, you could try and see if it works for you:
1. Turn unit to "locked" position.
2. Hold down the "stop" button.
3. Continue to hold the "stop" button, take the battery out of the unit.
4. Still holding down the "stop" button, put the battery back in.
5. Continue holding down the "stop" button until a screen comes up with "backup code", wait a few minutes and then switch unit to unlock and take out a battery.
6. Put the battery back in and you should have a working unit.
There have also been reports of loose terminals within the unit
causing the batteries to not make good contact. Be sure the batteries are in tight.
Does it turn on when connected to PC? if so you could try updating the firmware.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Here is a fix I got from Sandisk support:
Let's try this: take the battery out of the player and wait for a full 5 minutes. While the battery is out, please hold the power-on button for 10 seconds. After that, connect it to your computer (without the battery). Does it work when it's connected to the computer?
Regardless of that result, disconnect it from the computer, then put a brand new alkaline battery back in, and see if it will turn on.
Now, another thing I found that worked once, was to remove the battery, hold the power button for 5 seconds, then replace battery. The unit powered up after that.