Question about Samsung CW29M64NS 29" TV
I was trying to adjust the geometry of the screen after I entered the programming menu (through the "Display - Menu - Mute - Power" combination) and I accidentally selected some option and know I can see the word "AGING" written near the bottom left corner of the screen permanently.
The TV doesnt go into standby mode anymore and I have to manually power it off. This also means that I cant enter the programming menu again.
Can someone please help me with this? Many thanks.
(Note: the model of the tv is CS29Z6HF and NOT CW29M64NS.)
SOURCE: samsung plano tv
The problem that is happening is due to the shutdown circuit activating, which is an indication of excessive current flow. This may indicate a problem in the High Voltage section or in the power supply feed from the HV section. In any case this problem is best dealt with by a trained professional. I would suggest that you take the TV to a qualified TV repair person and have them check it out.
I hope this helps
Posted on Jul 25, 2008
The first problem was always standby mode.... get back the original eprom IC 24CO8WP in to the PCB, then find the original remote control of you TCL Tv tcl-14175 then you power On In the Remote control while your TV is in Standby mode! then you see your tv is going ON... Because your unit is in Child lock Mode....
Posted on Nov 21, 2008
SOURCE: half screen showing
keep tv off.
it will only get wors
if sumon dosent work on it soon
the problem you are having in the vertical section of the tv
hav a repairman resolider all conection on the vertical IC and check the serounding componets for falts.
PS the repair takes me about 15 min.
Posted on Jan 13, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 18, 2015 | Samsung Standard (CRT) Televisions
1. To enter the Service Alignment Mode (SAM), press the following key sequence on the remote control transmitter: 0-6-2-5-9-6-Status.
2. From the top level SAM menu, use the Menu Up/Down keys to highlight the Geometry sub menu.
3. Use the Menu Left/Right keys to enter the Geometry sub menu.
4. In the Geometry sub-menu, use the Menu Up/Down buttons to select VAM.
5. Using the Menu Left/Right keys, adjust VSH so that the horizontal bar is properly centered, top to bottom.
6. Using the cursor up/down keys, select VAM from the Geometry sub-menu, and use the Menu Right key to
increase the value to obtain a slight overscan.
7. If other Geometry adjustments are needed, proceed to the necessary adjustment using the Menu Up/Down
8. Upon completion of Geometry adjustments, press the Menu button to return to the top level SAM menu.
9. To exit the Service Alignment Mode, turn the set off with the Power button on the remote control.
Oct 30, 2007 | Philips 19PR19 19" TV
Mar 28, 2013 | Samsung CW29M64NS 29" TV
Jan 27, 2013 | Panasonic TC-29P22R 29" TV
May 01, 2012 | Samsung WS32Z308P 32" TV
Nov 08, 2009 | Samsung Standard (CRT) Televisions
Dec 04, 2007 | Samsung WS32Z308P 32" TV
Oct 27, 2007 | Mitsubishi CS-27609 27" TV
743 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: