Question about Palm Treo 700w Smartphone
Phone recognizes other bluetooth but not Jeep uconnect. Jeep uconnect searches fro pairing asking for 4 digit pin # but does not accept pin # I put in phone. Jeep service verifies that uconnct works.
I think this can help you:
Treo 650 only
A zero out reset will regress a device that has non-volatile memory to its factory-fresh state. When done correctly, it completely rewrites your device's internal memory with zeros and ones, ensuring that any data is expunged. It should be used only if you want all information completely obliterated (example: you're selling your handheld, or you're sending it in for repair, and want to protect your privacy). Tungsten E2 note: a hard reset (above) produces the same results as a zero out reset - completely rewrites data on internal memory. No need to perform the steps below. Warning: A zero out reset will erase everything on your device. All your data will be removed, and formats, preferences and other settings are restored to their factory default settings. Don't perform a zero out reset unless you want to eradicate everyting.
HotSync note: Some third-party applications change the way your device backs up data. Other third-party applications do not back up data. If you have third-party software on your device, please contact the developer to learn what components are backed up during a HotSync operation, and if HotSync conduits are altered. Any data not backed up will be lost.
There are two ways to perform a zero out reset.
Quick Erase, Secure Erase
LifeDrive only When you perform a hard reset on a LifeDrive mobile manager, you will see two options on the reset screen: Quick Erase and Secure Erase. Both of these are types of hard reset. Quick Erase: Perform a Quick Erase reset for a regular hard reset, to get your device to wake up and respond again. This eliminates user information on the drive in such a way that there is no info available to anyone using the device. A Quick Erase reset takes approximately 5 minutes.
Secure Erase: Perform a Secure Erase reset if you are turning the device over to a new owner. A Secure Erase helps prevent your files from being restored or recompiled by a new owner who might remove the hard drive and use a drive reader to access your information. This completely deletes all user info on the drive. A Secure Erase reset takes about 30 minutes.
Note: If you use a password to protect your device, you must do a Secure Erase when you hard reset your device; the Quick Erase option does not appear on the reset screen.
Posted on Nov 10, 2007
I use Bluetooth to synch to my Sanyo cell phone, so I would think you could do the same. I maintain my Contacts in Outlook and synch with my Palm. I then synch my Palm to my phone.
1. Make certain that your Contacts (in Outlook, Palm Desktop, or whatever you use as your source to feed data to your Palm) contains ALL the phone numbers you want in your phone.
2. If, like me, you have a lot of contacts and a limited number (500 in my case) of contacts that can be stored on your phone, you will want to erase all contacts on your phone first.
3. On your Palm, go to Preferences
4. Select Bluetooth -- Bluetooth should be ON, Discoverable (Yes) and Connectable (Yes)
5. Turn on your Bluetooth-enabled cell phone -- I believe the range is 20-30 feet but I have not tested that. When I synch, I have them both on my desk because I want to see that it is working.
6. Select Trusted Devices. Hopefully, your Palm will detect the cell phone. When it does, add your cell phone as a trusted device.
7. Select Contacts on your Palm and use the pull-down menu to select Send Category.
8. Select Bluetooth
9. Select your phone
10. Your phone will probably indicate that it is receiving data. You should soon have all phone numbers stored on your phone without using a direct-connect cable.
Posted on Nov 28, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 26, 2011 | Motorola Mobility Motopure H12 Bluetooth...
Nov 07, 2010 | Samsung Cell Phones
time that you switch on the 3200 LS-Color, you must pair your mobile phone
with the kit.
Bluetooth mode on your phone.
hands-free kit, scroll through the menus until you come to Settings Pair with
phone and select the relevant option for your phone. A 4-digit PIN code then
appears on screen. Memorize it.
mobile serach the 3200 LS-Color device
search has finished, "Parrot 3200LS / Parrot 3400LS" is displayed on
kit. Your phone prompts you to enter a code: key in the code shown on the
kit screen and confirm on your phone.
screen displays "Pairing".
data has been exchanged, "pairing successful" appears on the 3200
Oct 08, 2010 | Parrot 3200 Ls Color Handsfree Bluetooth...
Jan 30, 2010 | LG VX-8700 Cellular Phone
Dec 29, 2009 | 2005 Chrysler Pacifica
Sep 22, 2009 | LG Shine CU720 Cellular Phone
Sep 04, 2009 | Motorola Mobility RAZR V3c Cellular Phone
Dec 22, 2007 | Audiovox WBT212 Headphones
135 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!