Question about Miele Novotronic Premier 500 Front Load Washer
My washing machine Check inlet and Check drain lights are flashing together. The posible cause is that the "water protection system" has reacted but I dont know what that means!It tells me to contact the service dept. they told me to check both inlet and draining filters but they seem ok. The maching also drains ok. Switching the maching on it fills ok and as soon as it goes to agitate the maching stops and the fault lights come on. Any ideas?
We had the same problem on a Premier 500 and solved it by tilting the machine forward. Some more water ran out and the lights went off.
Posted on Jan 05, 2008
I concur, our Miele Premier 300 had both Check inlet and Check drain lights flashing together after my wife had cleaned the filter. She had let some water get underthe washer into the sump. Tipping it forward to let the water run out got rid of the warning!
Posted on Dec 01, 2008
The following qoute is from a manual to another miele washer. basically, the water protection system is designed to trigger the safety valves when the machine is leaking(triggered by a float in the sump), to prevent water damage. On your machine I would guess that either the sensors go wacky when rattling in the agitate process, or the system is actually working and you have a leakage. Play the numbers, either you replace the parts that are likely to be leaking hoping it will do the job, or call for service, which will help you solve also an electronic fault. "The Miele water protection system The Miele Waterproof system protects all parts of the washing machine from water damage. The system consists of three main components: 1) the inlet hoses 2) the electronic unit and the washing machine housing 3) the drain hose 1) Inlet hoses ? The inlet hoses can withstand pressure of more than 7000 kPa. 2) Electronic unit and washing machine housing ? Sump Any leaking water is collected in a sump in the base of the machine. A float switches off the safety valves, preventing any more water flowing into the machine and water in the suds container is pumped away. ? Overflow protection This prevents the washing machine taking in too much water. If the water level exceeds a certain level, the drain pump switches in and pumps the excess water away. 3) Drain hose The drain hose is protected by a ventilation system which prevents the washing machine from being emptied completely."
Posted on May 08, 2006
Agree, having thought we has a expense ahead, simply tipping the machine forward and letting the water flow out solved the problem. This occured after the filter had been cleaned. Probably the filter had not been screwed in tight enough.
Posted on Feb 09, 2010
Have just experienced similar issue on Miele W560 with both drain and inlet lights flashing. Removing the excess water from the sump by tipping the machine forward cured the issue. Great. Thanks!!
Posted on Jul 28, 2010
Miele w980 door wont open water in the sump and warning lights on check inlets.please can you tell were to look for the leaks as i am continuosly tipping machine forward and empyting the sump is it the hose from the soap draw to the drum assembly. thanks
Posted on Jul 12, 2010
My old but happy Miele W360:
I thought I had an expense ahead!! After cleaning the filter a few times and watching the two warning lights still flash, decided to Google problem.
Read comments below and by simply tipping the machine forward and not expecting to see water flow out the front did solve the problem. Being female, I tighten but never overtighten fittings (just in case I have to return to the problem) I may not have screwed the filter on tight enough. Have now tightened again and working tickety boo now!
Posted on Mar 16, 2013
I have a Miele W520.
Both lights flashing usually is caused by a water leak into the case of the machine which trips the float switch in the base. You can reset this by tipping the machine forwards at 45 degrees and allowing the water to drain out on to the floor. It will reset everything but if you still have a leak it will trip ou again due to the float switch.
I had the same problem with the 2 red lights flashing, which was fixed by emptying the float tray as above.
On further investigation I found that the door seal had rubbed on itself at the 6 o'clock position and had worn a small hole which was causing the water leak.
To replace or repair the Door Seal you will need to remove the front panel.
1. Turn power off and unplug machine after opening door.
2. Remove the front panel lower kick plate by inserting a thin ruler between the kick plate and front panel about 4 inches from each end and lever down until it releases.
3. Remove the 2 screws at the door lock switch on the front panel.
4. With the kick plate removed you will see 2 screws at each lower edge of the front panel, remove these 4 screws.
5. Remove the spring loaded band from around the edge of the door seal facing you and after that release the seal from the front panel and push in.
6. Remove the hex bolt from the 6 o'clock position just below the door seal on the front panel.
7. You should now be able to lower the front panel out of the locating pins and remove it.
8. With front panel removed you will be able to remove the tensioning band which holds the door seal in place around the drum by undoing the screw at the right hand side of the band at the 3 o'clock position. It is accessible from above with a long bladed screwdriver. Take note of how far it is tensioned on the thread of the screw and try not to undo it all the way or you may lose the nut on the band.
9. Once you have removed the band, slip the seal off the drum and slide the water outlet to the seal from the dispenser.
10. When you replace the seal do not do the tensioning band up too tightly or you will hear it squeak when you spin the drum in either direction.
11.Reassembly is the reverse of removal, taking care to put the door manual release strap through the inner slot in the front panel.
I repaired my door seal with Silicone Sealant and loose weave fabric tape after rubbing it clean with alcohol as i didn't want to pay $100 for a new seal from Miele.
Posted on Mar 13, 2013
Rinse indicator lights flashes - - -
Posted on Jan 01, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 26, 2016 | Miele Washing Machines
Jan 19, 2013 | Miele Washing Machines
Apr 22, 2010 | Miele Novotronic Premier 500 Front Load...
Apr 01, 2010 | Miele Novotronic Premier 500 Front Load...
Feb 15, 2010 | Miele Novotronic Premier 500 Front Load...
Feb 09, 2010 | Miele Novotronic Premier 500 Front Load...
Sep 05, 2009 | Miele Novotronic Premier 500 Front Load...
Apr 25, 2009 | Miele Novotronic W1918A Front Load Washer
Nov 16, 2008 | Miele W310 Front Load Washer
Nov 08, 2015 | Miele Novotronic Premier 500 Front Load...
Jul 23, 2014 | Miele Novotronic Premier 500 Front Load...
8,796 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: