Question about Lexmark X3480 All-In-One Printer
No Paper in the machine I have "clear the paper jam" message on the LCD - I've unplugged everything, removed and replugged in the adapter, the mains plugs, the plug into my laptop and short of putting a hammer into it, I have run out of patience. Please please help me as it's driving me nuts as I'm in the middle of moving - I've packed my sense of humour and gone beyond my wits end. Thanks
Paper jam in printers:
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button. (On the X83, press the Select button.)
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Oct 07, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 28, 2016 | Xerox PHASER 8550 COLOR Printer
May 08, 2011 | Brother IntelliFax-2820 Laser Fax
Note Be careful to not force the print head to move.
If the print head is positioned at the far right hand side, you cannot move it. Please contact Brother Customer Service from "Contact Us".
Note Use a flashlight if necessary to check thoroughly.
Oct 26, 2010 | Brother Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 14, 2010 | HP Photosmart C7250 All-In-One Thermal...
Jul 17, 2010 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 11, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 15, 2009 | Brother Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 25, 2017 | Lexmark X3480 All-In-One Printer
59 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: