Question about HP Pavilion N5415 Notebook
I have my HP Pavilion N5190. No power, I can't boot my laptop. Can anybody help me in solving this problem?
I will take it that you have (of cause!) tried it with a new fuse in the plug....so forgetting THAT fix, the only things to do are:
1. Remove the battery and plug the laptop in to the mains. IF IT BOOTS then you have a short in the battery compartment electronics. This is beyond most people to fix so take it to a repair center.
2. IF RUNNING FROM BATTERY: Check that the battery fits snug and that it is not loose.
3. IF RUNNING FROM MAINS: Check that the power connector (In to the laptop) is not worn or loose and that the power socket (wall) is on and/or is working.
4. Try it with another adapter. If you dont have one, nip down to your local computer shop and just ask them to plug it in to a known working adapter to eliminate the possibility that your adapter is not working....or take your adapter to them and get them to plug in it to check if it is working...either way you eliminate the adapter as the problem.
5. IF and I say IF you are up to the task...then strip down the laptop and using a magnifying glass look at the mircofuses around the power input socket to see if there are any that have broken or if their are ANY dark or burnt looking ones...or if the motherboard around them looks dark as if it has overheated.
If this is the case you really need to either get it repaired or buy a new motherboard as a power spike may have caused the damage.
I do hope that this helps you, but laptops are hard to fix...even if you know what to look for...and the cost of a repair may be more than it is worth.
Posted on Sep 12, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 29, 2011 | HP Pavilion dv5-1138nr Notebook
Mar 08, 2011 | HP Pavilion TX1000Z 12.1" Touch Screen...
Aug 27, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv5000z Notebook
Aug 26, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Feb 05, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Dec 28, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv2210 Notebook
Oct 06, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Jun 24, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv4000 Notebook
Apr 15, 2009 | HP Pavilion Ze4805us Notebook
Mar 31, 2009 | HP Pavilion TX1000Z 12.1" Touch Screen...
158 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: