Not working ok my mom just got me this phone and i cant figure out whats wrong with it the battery wasnt charging so i hooked up a 9 volt and now it doesnt work at all i need to get it fixed before my mom finds out it doesnt work i will be able to pay for the damages to it if they are replace able if not then im screwed e-mail if any one finds a solution....email@example.com...yes a bit long
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: not working
If you just got it take it back and tell them that the phone died. Now you never ever hook up 9 volts directly to the phone as you blew out the power regulator board as these phones Or most of them work on much lower voltage then that.. Good Luck.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
hi, you need to get the same charger if the output is to high then the phone wont put the charge into the battery as it could cause it to over heat, the best place to buy one from would be the well known online auction site you should get one from their for next to nothing and this will then solve the problem.
You know the battery is not at fault as it charges from your computer via the usb lead however the charger you have brought should still charger the battery but may cause it to over heat so to me it seems like their is a fault with the new charger. Its always best to buy the exact type of charger you had in the first place as this ensures the battery is charged properly.
What phone makers do is keep the same charge connector across most of their range of phone but as phones and technology changes they start using different batteries in their phone so they have to change the charging power to match the phones battery, so the charger you have brought is probably for a newer phone with a higher voltage battery, so you need to get the correct type of charger and this will then solve your problem.
Or if you have a car you could buy a car charger as these charge the phone alot quicker as they run off 12volt so put out more amps to the phone but keeping the volts at the correct type.
Let me know how you get on or if you need further assistance ok
The simplest reason causing a phone not turn on is a dead or drained battery. It happens when the phone gets immersed in water, dropped or allowed to fully drain the battery. The symptom is phone not turning on and not charging the battery. When that happens, make sure first that the battery is not just dead or drained before you send the phone to the service center for repair or before you buy a new battery. You may decide to send it right away only to find out the battery is simply dead/drained or buy a new battery only to find out the phone is dead.
The first thing you can do is borrow a friend’s known good battery similar to yours and try it in your phone. If the phone turns on, you are pretty sure your battery is dead or drained; otherwise, it's time to send it for repair.
When it is verified that the battery is dead or drained or if you don’t have someone to borrow from, try to revive the battery before you buy a new one. You just need a9-volt battery, a 6-12 volt power supply, or a DC adaptor (6 or 9 volts) and a set of wires.
Connect the set of wires to the terminals of the 9-volt battery, power supply, or DC adaptor whichever is available.
Look for the polarity markings on your battery and connect the other ends of the wires to the battery terminals in the same polarity as the source above. The positive terminal is marked (+) while the negative is marked (-). Do this for 10 to 60 seconds or until the battery gets slightly warm. Do not use this procedure to fully charge the battery.
Insert the revived battery in your phone and charge it until it is fully charged. If the battery works well and does not discharge easily, you don't have to replace it.
In the event that it is not verified whether the phone still turns on or not using a known good battery and the battery is revived but the phone is still not charging the battery, the phone is dead; send it to the service center for repair.
You may have let your battery fully drained before you recharge it. If
that is the case, it will never charge and turn on the unit. Using a
voltmeter, check the voltage. Any voltage lower than 3 volts will not
allow your battery to be charged no matter how. You need to "shock" it
before you charge it. To do so, use a 9 volt battery and connect its
terminals to the battery terminals with same polarity. That is,
positive to positive and negative to negative. Do this for one minute
or until the battery gets warm. Insert the battery then charge. If it
successfully charged but dies early, you need to replace the battery.
You may opt to borrow a friend's battery to directly check if it's
really the battery.
dear there is clear problem in your charging place that can not transfer the charge to the cell part till it remins to the bettry not move forward into the moblie..
so let the check of charging place below mobile
Most likely, what has happened is that the camera charger, even though it fits, puts out different voltage and amperage than the motorola charger. You've either (hopefully) just damaged the battery, or the phone itself has become damaged. I think Verizon, or Suncom also has phones with that same battery. I would recommend trying one before buying it. If it works, great... if not, you'll need to either have the phone professionally repaired, or replaced because it most likely fried the power relay circuitry in the phone. Unlikely that your problem is software though.