My camera's playback works, but when I try to switch to video or thetaking picture function, it beeps five times, and the screen goes black. The lens is retracted. So the camera does not takepictures or video, only shows the pictures that I have already taken.How do I get the lens to extend and the camera to start takingpictures? The camera hasn't been abused in any way according to my ownknowledge.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Switch to playback mode using the mode dial. Use the Left/Right buttons to locate and display the photo or movie that you want to protect. 2. Select the Protect setting from the Playback menu as described previously. 3. Use the Up/Down navigation buttons to select One to protect this picture/video, or select All to protect all pictures/videos in the internal memory or memory card. Then press the Right navigation button. 4. Use the function button to select Yes to lock the displayed picture/video or Unlock to unlock it, and use the Up/Down navigation buttons to select Back to return to the Playback menu. 5. A key icon will appear on the top of the screen to indicate that the picture/ video is protected. 6. Select reset to cancel protection for all files that have been placed in the protected mode. Also keep in mind the card it self has a write protect on it if you hold the sd in front of you label side up its on the left hand side its just a little slide tab.
Sounds like a classical video head problem. May be quite expensive to fix. Of course you can first try spraying the head with a "no residue" contact cleaner and then dry it out with pressured air to see if that fixes the problem.
In playback mode the lCD displays the battery time, hi8 symbol and the tape counter. all the functions work the tape will play, rewind, fast forward. The screen stays blank on playback and the tape counter stays at 0:00:00 eventhough I can see the tape turning. I also hooke the camera to my tv and I got no picture.
I have the same problem - 4 fast beeps and it turns off. My guess is that the lubricants are getting old and sticky - I had a Canon SLR that developed the same problem after being in the extreme cold. Here's a couple of things to try:
You can still access the picture review features by holding down the review button while you turn it on (note that if you hold down the trash button you'll see the firmware version.)
What doesn't work: Resetting the camera from the setting menu; replacing the battery, replacing the SD card, cursing.
I've been able to consistently get it to function normally by hitting the camera into the palm of my hand on the left side (with the viewing screen facing you), just after turning on the camera. If this doesn't work, keep hitting harder until it works. Once on the camera works normally.
What mode is the camera in? is it in "Auto" at the top there is a dial switch it to auto and press button halfway (shutter button) when you press the button halfway the camera will beep and display a square box on the LCD. If the camera beeps once and the box is orange it could not focus and you need to retry pressing halfway again. When it is in focus it will beep 2 times and it will show a GREEN box. This is the indication it could focus on the subject correctly. Its a machine and sometimes it takes it a bit for it to figure out what your wanting it to do. Its the nature of the unit
* The MPEG Playback function works in M. PLAY mode only.
* You can play moving picture images on the Memory Card.
* To hear sound during MPEG4 playback, you must hook up to a PC and listen to the PC's speaker. (You cannot hear it from the speaker on the camcorder or a TV)
1. Set the mode switch to MEMORY CARD position.
2. Set the power switch to PLAYER mode.
3. Press the MENU button and turn the MENU DIAL to highlight MEMORY.
4. Press the ENTER button to enter sub-menu.
5. Use the MENU DIAL to select MPEG4 from the sub-menu. (M. PLAY SELECT)
6. To exit the menu, push the MENU button.
7. Using the (FWD) and (REV) buttons, search for the moving picture that you want to playback.
8. Press the PLAY/STILL button.
The moving pictures recorded on the MEMORY CARD begin playing back.