Question about Karcher 2500 PSI Pressure Washer
To determine if your problem is due to an easily replaceable part, follow these steps:
1. Connect the water supply hose, the pressure hose, and the wand WITHOUT any nozzle tip.
2. Turn on the water supply, and press the trigger until water is smoothly running out of the nozzle
after any air is all purged out. Release the nozzle trigger.
3. Start the engine, and let it warm up for about 30 seconds.
4. With the engine running smoothly, press the nozzle trigger. The water should flow out of the nozzle (without the tip installed) at a faster rate, while the engine noticeably loads down as it used to do before your "no pressure" problem. If it does not load down, turn it OFF, and disconnect everything, and contact a Karcher repair facility.
5. If the engine does load down, release the trigger, and install one of the nozzle tips (not the black one).
6. Press the trigger, and the engine should load down, and you should have normal pressure from the wand. After you release the trigger and press it again, you will probably again have no pressure, and the engine will not load down. Removing the nozzle tip, pressing & releasing the trigger, and re-installing the tip should give you normal pressure again, but releasing the trigger will cause no pressure until you again remove the tip, press the trigger, and re-install the tip.
This is caused by a bad UNLOADER VALVE, which is located under a black cap with a metal button on it located on the top front of the pump. I don't know if you can purchase the replaceable parts from a Karcher repair shop, but when a neighbor & I took his washer to a repair place, it looked pretty simple to do this repair, and he was charged about $60 to replace about a $5 (maybe) part, and it took about 5 minutes.
Posted on Sep 11, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 19, 2016 | Home
Oct 14, 2015 | Home
Aug 05, 2014 | Veridian Healthcare 01-539 SmartHeart Arm...
May 21, 2014 | Plumbing
Hope this helps you out
Sep 19, 2011 | Health & Beauty
Apr 19, 2011 | Karcher Garden
Jan 26, 2011 | Mazda MPV Cars & Trucks
Oct 24, 2009 | Jet Plumbing
Jan 21, 2009 | Campbell Hausfeld 26 - Gallon Air...
Aug 27, 2008 | American Diagnostic Corp ADC Advantage...
651 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: