Question about Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
The issue you are facing is due to the incompatability of the audio drivers on the notebook.
Follow the below steps:
Uninstall current audio driver form the notebook.
Then downlod the audio driver from the following link:
After downloading the file please extract the files to a folder on the desktop.
Follow the below steps to install the driver correctly:
1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. Right click on "Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click Update driver.
3. Select not at this time, click on next and Select "Install from a list or specific location".
4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
5. Click Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the list.
6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
7. Click Browse, Choose the location where you have saved the extracted folder.
8. Open the folder and choose the .inf file listed.
9. Ignore any errors you receive and proceed with the installation.
Posted on Sep 11, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 26, 2010 | HP Compaq Presario C700T Notebook
Nov 25, 2009 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Nov 11, 2009 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Apr 16, 2009 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Mar 07, 2009 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Feb 26, 2009 | Compaq Presario C700T Notebook
Dec 28, 2008 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
60 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: