Hello I got an HTC TOUCH screen for Mothers Day 2008 as a gift from my husband. For the past two days i am having a problem where whenever i touch the screen the functions are not working. I changed the battery thinking that may have been the problem, but the touching of the screen on the different functions is NOT working. To activate functions i would for example on the front screen touch up in the time area to activate the call history section. Can you help me? What do I have to do? I really love the phone but i am really frustrated with it.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
the only solution here can be a firmware upgrade but that may damage your warranty doing yourself.. i can suggest try connecting it with your computer with the usb cable and leave it like that for a while. then let it drain out its battery.
if it does not work, keep it off for some hours maybe a day, still does not work then use your warranty to get it fixed.
Try using a hairdryer on it. Open it up as far as you can without voiding your warranty. Don't let it get too hot but the moisture is inside and you may be able to get it to dry out in a couple of days.
This is a common problem with many touch screen phones. There are about three reasons this can happen that I know of:
1. Hardware issue. Needs to go in for repair. Hopefully under warranty still.
2. Needs to be re-flashed with the OEM ROM. This is not likely, since you've already Hard Reset, but worth a try.
3. The EASIEST and FIRST thing to check is to run a 'business card' around the edge of the screen between the case and screen. Dirt or other objects can easily get wedged into that area and hold the screen pressed down. This would prevent a press from any other area of the screen. Also, a screen protector that has shifted might cause this. Hopefully this is it, as it's a simple fix!
I have the same problem with my HTC touch everytime my phone loses service for a few hours the touch screen no longer works but they keep telling me that I have water damage so just because the indicator is pink (its in a stupid place anyways) I have had to pay for three phones and I got one free