Question about GPS
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: satellite reception
I have being having similar problem as every one else. There is nothing wrong with your Nuvi. Garmin (the company is the problem) they are trying to make you buy a new map--Not Exactly Cheap--Do Hard Reset and solve all the problems.
1) Place a finger (Any finger, middle finger worked for me!) at the left lower corner and turn on the Nuvi unit a message appear saying "Do you really want to start up in maintenance mode?" tap Yes
2) At the Maintenace screen tap clear user data (this will restore to factory condition) and follow the instruction on adjusting your prefered setings.
3) turn it off and Repeat step 1, this time when you get to maintance screen tap on "Clear waypoints" and follow the instruction. Let it sit for about an hour then voila.
Posted on Jun 18, 2008
SOURCE: my Garmin Nuvi was working
Here is an email received directly from Garmin: I have tried this myself on several units and it worked. I can't gurantee it will work for all cases. In some cases the antenna may be defective. Also, click on the "wrench" symbol, then the "gear" symbol and then "about". Look at the number after the text "GPS S/W:" It should be a number like 2.9 or 3. If its 0.0, then the antenna is not communicating with the main board.
"Thank you for contacting Garmin International, I am happy
to help you with this.
Sometimes the almanac data that your nüvi stores for satellite acquisition becomes corrupted. This causes acquisition to become slow. To correct this we need to perform a master reset. This procedure will erase all user data.
With your nüvi powered off, press and hold the lower left corner of the screen. Next, turn the power on. Continue to hold the screen until it asks if you really want to enter maintenance mode. Next, choose clear user data. The screen will flicker a bit and then start up like it did when it was first turned on. Follow the directions to set time and location. You will have to reacquire satellites by turning on your nüvi with the antenna up outside in full view of the sky. This one time
acquisition may take up to 30 minutes. "
Posted on Sep 24, 2008
DIY is risky in this situation, besides there is 3 months warranty by Garmin on their interventions I would suggest you get it done by the professionals
Posted on Jul 22, 2009
SOURCE: Lost satellite reception
This problem is not caused by poor solder joints. It's caused by a defective part. We sent a "marked" defective unit to the repair shop mentioned above and upon its return, disamantled the GPS receiver assembly and made the following evaluation:
1. The shop did NOT replace the defective component causing the initial problem in the 1st place. The defective part was STILL in the circuit.
2. The shop placed a wire jumper between the internal antenna and the external antenna port. This type of modification places a +2.5VDC bias on the internal antenna and essentially shorts the internal antenna to the external antenna (when connected), giving unpredictable results. It also affects the circuit impedance and signal strength. This is not the correct way to resolve this issue.
3. The defective part needs to be replaced with a higher rated part. This type of repair returns the unit to full functionality and allows the unit to properly switch between the internal and external antenna as it was intended to do by design
Comments: I will aso add, as the part deteriorates, it becomes resistive and can eventually short out and shunt the incoming RF signal to ground......EVEN with the jumper procedure performed by the shop mentioned above.
Posted on Feb 17, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 11, 2012 | Garmin GPSMAP 545s GPS Receiver
Jul 17, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 1450 GPS Receiver
Apr 29, 2010 | Garmin Nuvi 350 Car GPS Receiver
Sep 22, 2009 | Garmin Nuvi 265W GPS Receiver
Aug 11, 2008 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
Jul 10, 2008 | GPS
Jul 07, 2008 | GPS
May 04, 2008 | GPS
Feb 22, 2018 | GPS
Feb 22, 2018 | GPS
544 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: