Question about HP LaserJet 3050 All-In-One Printer
Where can I see how to use scanner
The instruction to use scanner in HP Laserjet 3050
Click Start, click All Programs or Programs, and then click HP. Click HP LaserJet
3050/3052/3055/3090 all-in-one, and then click Scan.
Select Change the destinations that show up on the all-in-one control panel when I press
the Scan To button, and click Next.
Select Allow me to scan by pressing the Scan To button on the all-in-one....
Move the destinations from the PC window to the All-in-one window.
Click Update. See the online User Guide for complete information
Source : Manual for HP Laserjet 3050
Thanks for using Fixya
Posted on Sep 11, 2008
CHECK IN YOUR CONTROL PANEL UNDER PRINTER AND DEVICES.
YOU SHOULD BE GOOD TO GO AFTER THAT!
Posted on Oct 22, 2011
You can scan from your HP LaserJet all-in-one by using any of the following methods:
● From the HP LaserJet all-in-one product control panel. On the HP LaserJet all-in-one control
panel, press the Scan To button. Use the < or > buttons to make a selection from the following list,
and then press the Start Scan or the Enter button.
NOTE Scanning from the HP LaserJet all-in-one control panel is possible only after the
option has been configured in the HP LaserJet Scan software.
The following options are configured by default for a USB connection:
● If you select File, the scanned photo will be saved to a directory that you specify.
● If you select OCR, the scanned document will be opened in the Readiris software to convert
into an editable text document.
NOTE This option only appears if Readiris text-recognition software is installed on
the computer. For more information, see the help on the Readiris CD.
● If you select EMAIL PIC, the scanned photo will be attached to a new e-mail message. You
can then add an e-mail address, add notes, and send the message.
● If you select EMAIL DOC, the scanned document will be attached to a new e-mail message.
You can then add an e-mail address, add notes, and send the message.
● If you select SETUP, the HP LaserJet Scan software opens the Scan Setup Options dialog
box, where you can create, change, or delete the destination options that are available when
you press the Start Scan button on the HP LaserJet all-in-one control panel.
NOTE Photos are scanned at 150 dpi and documents are scanned at 300 dpi.
● From your computer by using HP LaserJet Scan (Windows). Click Start, select Programs or
All Programs, select HP, select the name of your HP LaserJet all-in-one, and then click Scan. For
more information, see HP LaserJet Scan software.
● From a TWAIN- or WIA-compliant software program. Check the Help system in the software
program to learn how to scan by using a TWAIN- or WIA-compliant scanner from within that
program. For more information, see Scan drivers.
Posted on Sep 11, 2008
If your still looking for a solution, or to those of you who have a similar problem, the following fixed my problem after trying to resolve the issue over the last year!!!!
I also received the "not set up on pc" message and tried re-installing the software numerous times.
Finally resorted to re-installing windows XP (because of this and other software glitches) and re-installed the Laserjet 3050 software again...but could not get the printer to install.
The problem was occuring while the software was asking to "plug in the usb cable", but would not complete the installation. It was not recognizing the device....the solution was to reset the laserjet 3050!!!!
to reset, push the "menu" button, < (left arrow), go to "service", "enter" button, > (right arrow), "Restore Defaults", "enter" button.
This should reset the factory defaults.
After this, I re-installed software, working!!!!!
Posted on Mar 11, 2008
Please perform the following:
Super NVRAM init
When a super NVRAM init is performed, the all-in-one language and telecom country/region settings
are undefined. The user is prompted to set the language and telecom country/region. Until these settings
are defined, the all-in-one will not return to the Ready state.
CAUTION A Super NVRAM init erases all data that is stored in both the unprotected and
protected NVRAM memory.
To perform a super NVRAM init
1. Turn off the all-in-one.
2. Press and hold down the * and 5 buttons.
3. Continue to hold down the buttons while you turn on the all-in-one. Hold the buttons throughout
the entire power-on sequence.
4. When Permanent Storage Init. appears on the control-panel display, release the buttons.
5. When prompted, set the language and telecom country/region.
6. Allow the all-in-one to return to Ready before using it.
Posted on Nov 03, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 27, 2010 | HP LaserJet 3050 All-In-One Printer
Dec 13, 2009 | HP LaserJet 3050 All-In-One Printer
Aug 28, 2009 | HP LaserJet 3050 All-In-One Printer
Apr 18, 2009 | HP LaserJet 3050 All-In-One Printer
Jan 14, 2009 | HP LaserJet 3050 All-In-One Printer
Oct 29, 2008 | HP LaserJet 3050 All-In-One Printer
Jul 09, 2008 | HP LaserJet 3050 All-In-One Printer
815 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: