Question about HP Compaq nc6320 Notebook
Can u help me please to remove this password?
Ok, as long as the high security level has not been set in the bios then the following will work to reset / disable the bios password.
1. Remove the battery and mains adapter.
2. Remove the memory cover on the back of the laptop and remove the 2 keyboard screws.
3. Open the laptop and at the top of the keyboard you will see 4 sliding tabs. They are located between the 'Esc & F1 keys' 'F4 & F5 keys' 'F8 & F9 keys' and 'F12 & delete keys'. Slide these down and lift the keyboard up and pull forward slightly so as to disengauge the bottom lugs. Be carefull as there is a ribbon cable at the bottom that does not need to be tugged or removed.
4. You will now see at the bottom behind the keyboard a small battery connected to the motherboard. Gently pull the small white plug upwards untill it is removed from the board.
5. Wait 5 minutes and re-connect the small battery plug.
6. Re-install the keyboard and push back the clips. You do not need to replace the screws yet.
7. Apply the DC jack and power on - DO NOT INSTALL THE MAIN BATTERY.
8. Turn the laptop on while pressing f10 repeatedly but slowly - Do not hold it.
9. If high security is disabled you should now be in the setup screen, select 'Restore Defaults' and press F10 to save.
10. The password is now removed.
If this does not work then HP say that there is no other way to reset it. Im not sure about that, there probably is by some method of de-soldering the bios chip. However the above method worked for me so I hope it does for you. Please rate if you have any luck.
Posted on Dec 03, 2008
For removing the BIOS password we need to remove the RTC Battery from the notebook. after removing the RTC battery from the motherboard turn on the notebook without the RTC battery.
I will provide you the service manual for thiese steps.
Here is the link for service manual:
Please check the pagenumber 137.
Posted on Sep 11, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
My best suggestion is to call Compaq or HP for assistance regarding on this. Thank you.
Posted on Oct 09, 2009
Testimonial: "thanks - I like to do things myself, but I will call them - "
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 26, 2014 | HP Compaq nc6320 Notebook
Oct 26, 2010 | HP Compaq nc6320 Notebook
Oct 09, 2009 | HP Compaq nc6320 Notebook
Aug 12, 2008 | HP Compaq nc6320 Notebook
7,864 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!