Question about Magic Chef 24 in. DU6550 Built-in Dishwasher
The detergent cup will not close. How can I fix it? Can I use the Rinse Aid Dispenser (srew down cap) for liquid soap?
SOURCE: dishwasher won't drain water
The bubbles created by the dish soap could cause poor draining, but I would think it would just cause more of a bubble problem than a draining problem...
Either way, some people would say to throw a cup of vinegar into the wash area, but I prefer to just use water.
Disconnect the drain line from the machine at the sink and route it into a 5 gallon bucket. Drain and fill the machine several times to clear the bubbles out. This will also give you the opportunity to see if the drain problem you state is a machine problem or a drain problem.
Hope this helps,
Posted on Aug 23, 2008
not good there is no way to drain it out. you might be able to take the door apart and take off the rinse aid reservoir and clean it out
Posted on Dec 20, 2008
I did the same thing with my Maytag dishwasher, several times actually, before realizing I was putting blue dish soap in the rinse aid compartment which then wouldn't empty. Then my Maytag started making ominous noises during the rinse cycle (appliance guy said it was "cavitation" noise).
Appliance guy wanted to replace the whole detergent/rinse aid compartment but since he told me the noise was probably caused by the dish soap stuck in the rinse aid compartment, I decided to try to get rid of it first. Here is the method that worked for me; it took most of a day but saved me parts & labor:
1. Get some white vinegar--I used nearly a quart.
2. Fill the rinse aid compartment to brim with the vinegar (overfill) but don't put cap on
3. Raise the dishwasher door slowly until the vinegar drains into the lower part of the chamber (at least this is how my Maytag worked)
4. Agitate the contents as best you can by rapidly shaking the dishwasher door up & down.
5. I also used a small plastic medicine dropper jammed into small openings on each side of the rinse aid compartment to agitate the vinegar by squeezing air into them.
6. Drain the compartment by closing the dishwasher door (move it to full vertical)--vinegar will drain into the bottom of the dishwasher.
7. Repeat above steps a couple times, then fill again w/vinegar, put the cap on and let it stand for awhile. Then drain and repeat the whole routine several times.
8. Blue-colored vinegar will come out which is a good sign (or whatever color your dish soap was).
9. After awhile, I started pouring generous amts of very hot tap water thru the rinse aid compartment, alternating with white vinegar. (No reason you can't use hot vinegar also.)
10. Eventually, all the blue stuff came out & the see-thru levels of the rinse aid compartment were completely clear/empty.
11. Run the dishwasher (I decided to not put any rinse aid in). I got some overfoaming (from the washed out soap) the first time I ran it which I probably could have remedied by adding more vinegar & possibly salt, but the noises were gone!
I just ran the cleaned out dishwasher a 2nd time & it was back to its quiet self with no overfoaming.
Takes some patience but hey, beats a big repair bill!!
Posted on Apr 30, 2009
The water-inlet valve lets water enter the machine. First Check to see if the valve is getting water. Make sure it’s not clogged. There is a screen on the inside of the valve, this sometimes gets clogged up with debris. Check to see if you get power to valve when unit is put into operation may take a couple minutes to start a fill. If you have power and it’s not clogged up replace the valve .If you have no power to the water inlet valve check float switch. This can be done by checking the continuity. There is a video of this at http://appliancehelponline.com/dishfloatwaterinletvideo.html this will walk you checking the water inlet valve and the float switch. It may be a different model but the testing procedure will be the same. You can also enter your model # for diagrams and illustrations for most models. All parts come with installation instructions.
Posted on Jul 21, 2010
It appears your timer/main controller/CCU or wax switch in the dispenser has failed in this instance.
For replacement parts - head on over to PartSelect.com or RepairClinic.com and enter in your full model number for a full parts listing.
I recommend both sites because ...
FixYa has no affiliation with either site - I have been using and recommending them for years - trouble free.
PartSelect has a great schematic database for locating the part on your unit and great "testimonials" for each part that often times includes HOW-TO information.
RepairClinic has pictures of each part they sell and also a great how-to and troubleshooting for basic repairs.
If your unit has never been serviced - there should still be an original service manual enclosed in plastic taped to the inside of the shell.
In the service manual are Error codes, maintenance procedures, and troubleshooting steps you can follow.
Anything too complicated or beyond your scope should be handled by a professional.
If you think you want to tackle the repair - and have gotten stuck on a step - reply to your question and I will be glad to help you out.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question
Posted on Sep 30, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 27, 2012 | Frigidaire 24 in. FDB1050REC Stainless...
There are three common problems that cause the Soap Dispenser or Cup not to open. I have a tip that will explain these problems in detail....
Dishwasher Repair Problem Detergent Cup does not Open
Mar 31, 2011 | Maytag Dishwashers
Feb 02, 2011 | Dishwashers
Jan 30, 2011 | Magic Chef Dishwashers
May 12, 2010 | Magic Chef CDB1500AW 24 in Builtin...
May 16, 2009 | Magic Chef 24 in. DC4000 Free-standing...
Apr 04, 2009 | Kenmore Dishwashers
Mar 16, 2009 | Whirlpool Gold 24 in. Built-In Dishwasher...
Feb 20, 2007 | Maytag 24 in. MDB4100 Built-in Dishwasher
Aug 08, 2006 | Magic Chef CDB6100 Built-in Dishwasher
Sep 20, 2016 | Magic Chef Portable Countertop Dishwasher
329 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: