Hey i have sound but no picture on my xbox 360 console. I have tried getting a new AV cable but it still has the same problem. I have also tried the cocnsole plugged into another television but alas no :(. I know a lot of people say the wet towel trick but i dont want to try it as im nt sure about the idea of putting a wet towel on an electrical item. please help me out and give me some idea of wat to do :)
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: I have sound bt no picture on my 360
Red ring is not the only problem with Microsoft Xbox 360. This amazingdevice also has some more common problems like Audio but no videoproblem, disc read error etc. Microsoft is providing extended warrantyonly for red ring problem. Means you will have to spend some money toget this problem repaired also if you plan to send your xbox toMicrosoft, you will have to wait for 3-4 weeks to get back yourfavourite Xbox. There is one more option in the form of DIY guide, this guide explains solving No Video problem with step by step instruction, so any novice can fix this problem .
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. make sure that the AV cable is not loose or incorrectly seated in both the Xbox 360 console and the TV 2. make sure that you have the correct AV cable for your TV, to verify that the AV cable is connected correctly to the Xbox 360 console and to the TV, disconnect the AV cable and then reconnect the AV cable to both devices 3. if you are using composite cables, do not try to set any HDTV settings because you may lose the picture 4. make sure that your TV is set to the same video broadcast system as your Xbox 360 console (PAL or NTSC) Example: - if your Xbox 360 console is an NTSC console, make sure that your TV supports NTSC - if your Xbox 360 console is a PAL console, set your PAL settings to PAL 60 - if your TV has a type of picture compensation enabled, disable it 5. reset your Xbox 360 console - Remove any discs from the disc tray - Turn off the console - Turn on the console - As the console starts, press and hold the Y button, and then pull the right trigger at the same time - The Xbox Dashboard resets the display settings to the default settings and then automatically restarts the console. 6. Do not take your Xbox 360 console or its accessories to your retailer for repair or for service unless an Xbox Customer Support representative asks you to do this
where you put the cables for the sound and picture if you look on the end where you plug it into the xbox 360 you will see a little switch it has HD and TV on it depending on what your tv supports (HD ready TV) (normal TV) switch that switch to what TV you have (e.g. HD TV, switch the switch to HD) if that doesnt work then try checking that you have all the cables in the right ports if you have pluged the HD cables into a normal TV then this is not going to work, check cables and check the switch!
This means the AV cable is not detected, try one of these... 1. Make sure that the AV cable is correctly connected to the Xbox 360 console.
2. Disconnect the AV cable from the Xbox 360 console, and then reconnect the AV cable to the Xbox 360 console.
3. If the four flashing red lights continue to flash, try wiping the
metal area of the AV pack with a dry cloth. The metal area is the end
that plugs into the console. Wipe the metal area thoroughly, and then
try the AV Pack again.
4. If the AV cable is correctly connected but the four red lights are
still flashing, substitute a different AV cable if you have one