My son touched my television screen with a magnet in two spots leaving two discolored areas on the screen,purple and green in hue. I read many quick solutions to this problem on the net and none seemed to work completely,so what i did is took the same magnet that touched the screen and held it in my fist,then with TV on i waved my fist all around the screen working from the spots outward to the edges and this worked completely! Hope this helps someone..
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: a magnet touched my screen
Unplug the set overnight and turn on cold.. if the degussing is working it will fix the problem but if it took away some of the discolor on the screen but not all of it then try this step a few times.. After a few days a degussing coil will be needed to clear up any color spots.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Very easy and cheap to fix. Go to Home Depot in the building section they sell magnets to pick up nails that fall off roofs,it cost about thirty dollars. Simply pass it over screen(it's OK to touch screen) very slowly. The great thing about this suggestion is that if it doesn't work, take it back for full refund. I sweep my scren about once a month. I have personally replaces my lamp as well as color wheel.
Your screen was magnatized.. try unpluging the set then plugging it back on serval times. turn it off and on but wait a min before turning it back on. each time.. Most tv have a special coil around the tube the demagnatizes the tube.. otherwize you can use a what is know as deguasser.
either burn in or magnetic field interference. I suggest moving any speakers away from the tv. if thats not the case, then find a strong magnet, make sweeping motions across the screen with it but dont touch the screen! Keep doing this until the colors change, then "sweep" them with the magnet into a corner and they will mostly dissapea.......r, sounds complicated but worked for me. can be scary so dont try unless sickly despearate or confident. Hope This helps!
The picture tube has become magnetized, possibly by someone getting a
magnet to close to it. You can de-magnetize it using a strong magnet
(cow magnet or similar). Place the magnet as close the the screen as
possible without touching it to the screen. Starting at the middle of
the screen and slowly (not too slow, about one full circle per second
should do) move the magnet in a circular motion. With each full circle
move the magent twards the outside (making a larger circle) as well as
moving it farther away from the screen. Using a magnet will not harm
the screen, so play with it and you'll soon get the feel and will see
what you need to do.
Tv's have a circuit built in to 'Degauss' (demagnetize) the screen each
time you turn it on, but this will only work if the set is 'Cold'. If
the set is left off for 2 hours (to cool doen) and does not demagnetize
when you turn it on the circuit is faulty.
If this is a direct view CRT television, it should straighten itself out on its own after a few off on cycles as the internal degausing coils will pull the purity back. It may take 30 or 40 cycles to do this if its a CRT television. What is the model number of your set?
ahh, that isnt good, the only reason I can say, is, the green stain your referring to, is result of a magnet, or magnetized object coming too close to the screen, thus pulling the color from the screen, depending at which point you put the magnet, it will either be green, red or blue. I dont believe there is fix for it.