I know you say you checked all the switches and connections, but it sounds like a defect in the control mechanism. A defective microswitch, failure of one of the safety switches etc. Don't try to fix it yourself though as there are safety issues involved (high voltage and radiation) - get a repairman! Considering the low cost of new microwaves plus radiation concerns, you might also want to think about getting a new one.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I am sorry I am unable to answer your question as I too am not having any knowledge of microwaves. My name would hve cropped up because I sought advice from FIXYA regarding some problem on my microwave. Sorry about inability to help.
you mean it want power up or want work when you press the star buttom?
1. check the fuse if no power.
2. If it doesn't work when closing the door after setting timer it is the micro switch that the metal lach hits when the door close.
3. unpluge the micro wave unscew the scews to the cover of the microwave remove the cover. up front by the door you will see the micro switch maybe (brown,black,white,red/white ) what ever color it is disconet it take it to the hardware store buy a new one and replace it,themreasemble your micro wave.
Microwave fuses are usually located inside on the floor of the chassis behind the control panel or on the door switch mount between the switches.
If you or a friend decide to work on it, we have *critical* safety, disassembly, and troubleshooting info (as well as a text file which helps in diagnosing and repairing door switch problems) at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
If you do need a new fuse, it will be a 15- or 20-amp ceramic fuse, and they are available at local home centers, home improvement stores, hardware stores, and appliance parts stores.
Sure man NO Problem. There are two interlock switches in most micro's. Ones for the fan and ones for the magnatron and the transformer. The one for the fan can also control a lite. These micro switchs have a "n"ormally "o"pen position and when they are switched the normally open side closes there for turning on the cuircuit board that then switches on the fan,transformer ect. ect. Two test these switches simply look at the switch and you will see a "c." by one of the connections, That stands for common. Put one end of the ohm meter there. Next you will see "n.o." that stands for normally open so put the other end of the meter there and you should not get any reading. Next push the lever down and then the meter will give you a dirct short reading and should have no resistance at all and if it does measure even a few ohms that switch should be repalce as Ive seen these faulty switchs break down when current is on them and causes all kinds of intemittant connectins. Now with the other connction on the switch if there is one will have a "n.c." by it and that stands for normally closed. With the meter still on the 'c' connection put the meter on the nc without pushing on the switch. It should read a direct short also with no resistance. Now while holding on both same connections push down on the switch and it should not show anything as its wide open with no measurement at all. If it dosent do this then the switch is bad. Now almost every microwave made, there is a wiring diagram inside the outer cover. If its not there you can order one from the company but most micro's are almost all wired the same. Hope this helps. Good Luck