Question about Canon PIXMA MP170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
MY WASTE INK IS FULL. HOW CAN IT BE REPAIRED ?
sincerely OTO PESTNER
Solution #1 worked with my MP170 but it could be described more clearly, as follows:-
1. If the power is on, turn it off (press the on/off button).
2. Hold down the stop/reset button (red triangle in red circle).
3. Whilst still holding down the stop/reset button, hold down the on/off button.
4. Whilst still holding down the on/off button, release the stop/reset button.
5. Now press the stop/reset button twice, quickly.
6. Next release the on/off button.
7. Wait untill the LCD display shows “Canon idle” (this may take a few minutes).
8. Now push the stop/reset button 4 times in succession, quickly.
9. Press the on/off button twice, quickly.
10. Now press the on/off button to switch the power off.
11. Finally, press the on/off button to switch the power back on.
This sets the ink pad counter to zero, even though the pad still contains ink.
Remove ink from the pad, as follows:-
Open the lid of the printer to reveal the cartridge track and ink pad.
Winkle out the ink pad, using a pin or a small screwdriver or tweezers.
Wash the ink pad in clean water, squashing the pad to remove the ink.
Dry the clean pad by squashing it between sheets of kitchen paper.
Replace the pad, taking care to fit it between the alignment notches.
Posted on Apr 25, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 11, 2017 | Cannon Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 09, 2014 | Canon PIXMA Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 03, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MX300 All-in-One Printer
Jul 27, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP170 All-In-One InkJet...
May 12, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP4200 InkJet Photo Printer
Dec 25, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 26, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP180 All-In-One InkJet...
451 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: