Question about Canon PIXMA MP170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
MY WASTE INK IS FULL. HOW CAN IT BE REPAIRED ?
sincerely OTO PESTNER
Solution #1 worked with my MP170 but it could be described more clearly, as follows:-
1. If the power is on, turn it off (press the on/off button).
2. Hold down the stop/reset button (red triangle in red circle).
3. Whilst still holding down the stop/reset button, hold down the on/off button.
4. Whilst still holding down the on/off button, release the stop/reset button.
5. Now press the stop/reset button twice, quickly.
6. Next release the on/off button.
7. Wait untill the LCD display shows “Canon idle” (this may take a few minutes).
8. Now push the stop/reset button 4 times in succession, quickly.
9. Press the on/off button twice, quickly.
10. Now press the on/off button to switch the power off.
11. Finally, press the on/off button to switch the power back on.
This sets the ink pad counter to zero, even though the pad still contains ink.
Remove ink from the pad, as follows:-
Open the lid of the printer to reveal the cartridge track and ink pad.
Winkle out the ink pad, using a pin or a small screwdriver or tweezers.
Wash the ink pad in clean water, squashing the pad to remove the ink.
Dry the clean pad by squashing it between sheets of kitchen paper.
Replace the pad, taking care to fit it between the alignment notches.
Posted on Apr 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 09, 2014 | Canon PIXMA Printers & Copiers
Feb 03, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MX300 All-in-One Printer
Jul 27, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP170 All-In-One InkJet...
May 12, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP4200 InkJet Photo Printer
Sep 26, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP180 All-In-One InkJet...
421 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: