It was working great. I do not use alot and it is about 1.7 years old.
I was updating and then it showed battery and when I tried to charge, I got a folder and the screen when black. Now I cannot get it to turn on.
can' t on
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Make sure the player is fully charged.
1. Connect the player to the PC.
2. Make sure the computer detects the player.
NOTE: If needed, switch the player to MSC mode,
1. Turn device OFF.
2. Slide the Hold switch down to Lock (orange color showing).
3. Press and hold the center button while connecting the device to the PC.then connect it to the PC.
Next Be sure the battery is charged
1. Leave the player connected for approximately 2 hours to charge.
2. Disconnect the player from the PC.
3. Verify if you can turn on the player. 4. Reset the player if necessary. To reset the player: 1. Press and hold the Power/Menu button for approximately 20 seconds. 2. Release the Power/Menu button. 3. Press the Power/Menu button again to turn on the player. If that does not do it, re-seat the battery: Here is how to get to the battery, 1. Press the battery compartment in while sliding to the right. 2. Remove old battery. 3. Insert new battery or reset the old battery. 4. Close the battery compartment. Then try and see if it will come on with out the battery hooked to your computer. 1. Remove the battery. 2. Connect the player to the PC to verify if it turns on. 3. Re-seat the battery to ensure proper connection. 4. Verify if the player turns on.
What has just happened to my K5 is that the ribbon connecting the two 'halves' of the mp3 player has snapped. Unfortunately the battery is on the speaker half thus it is disconnected resulting in it not being able to turn on or charge since there's no battery.
I've used mine for well over a year now, of pretty much everyday use though. If yours is relatively new then it might be another issue.
Hi, my Archos 605 160GB is doing the same, Sorry to say the battery has gone. 2 options 1. Back to Archos 2. Replace the battery yourself I ordered mine from HK from the web site BatteryUpgrade. co. uk for about £24 - If you search on Utube there is a video showing you how to change the battery on smaller 605's
Go to "http://voxrightnow.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/voxrightnow.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2559" To update the firmware of the M42xx mp3 player click hereand download the firmware. start the firmware and when it is runninplug the M42xx in at the same time holding down the PLAY BUTTON(center) until a white screen with a small computer with a line goingto your M42xx is displayed and then release the PLAY button. You canthen click on start and the firmware update will complete,,, DO NOTDISCONNECT DURING THIS UPDATE... it may take 2 times to complete thisbut it will work.... YEA!!!! WORKS with 2, 4 or 8 GB Models.....
have you tried holding down the power, up volume, and down volume at the same time for 5-10 secs? Sometimes my sansa spazzes out where it wont turn on with the power button and the comp wont recognize the device. Holding those 3 down for about 10 secs resets it.