Question about Sony KP-61XBR48 61" Rear Projection Television

2 Answers

House Fire caused by SONY kp61xbr48 T.V.

What could cause fire inside of componet? It was not from outside electric power supply. The fire appears to have started in bottom middle circut board. T.V. was only 8 years old. Any information or schmatics on the kp61xbr48 would be much apprecated! thanks Phil

Posted by on

Ad

2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

Buy a JVC tv. They recalled their tv's that are like the kp61xbr48 for 2 reports of smoke and charing.Sony must be trying to hide something or what??? Maybee a little too hot!!??Was their a cooling system or fan in the tv??????

Posted on Jul 25, 2006

Ad
  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 3,130 Answers

These sets are not supose to burn but sometimes do.. I would contact the manufacturer and tell them of this situation then find a lawyer.

Posted on Mar 31, 2006

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

What the risk of having a electric stove connected directly to the outlet?


The outlet and power outlet wiring to the switchboard may not be rated to pull the extra current required by the stove.
The circuit breaker or fuse could blow best case scenario.
otherwise the wire in the wall could overheat and start a fire .
The power outlet could also overheat and catch on fire.

After the house fire will your insurance company pay or blame the incorrect wiring of the stove as the cause and refuse to pay ?

Feb 25, 2018 | Kitchen Ranges

1 Answer

How do I clean lint from inside dryer?


You must unplug the unit and either access the inside from the back or front. You use a vaccum to suck out the dust and lint from all areas, especially around the heater and motor. This should be done every few years at least as there are more house fires caused by dryers than all other causes combined (including fire places). Make sure your hoses are clear and the outside vent is not stuck closed, also make sure the hose is not squished behind the dryer. A restricted exhaust system is the reason most dryers will build up lint inside.

Aug 12, 2014 | GE Profile Harmony DPGT750ECPL 7.3 Cu. Ft....

1 Answer

Potential electrical cause from engine compartment fire that totalled vehicle


I would start by looking up factory recalls(the National Transportation Safety Board-NTSB,keeps records of these.If you received notice in the mail about ANY recall,and didn't respond or take the truck to a dealer,you're probably out of luck.(this IS a 15 year old truck!)

Oct 07, 2012 | 1998 Ford Explorer

1 Answer

My Sony Bravia 40" has a loud crackle and pops about every 4 hours. Should I be concerned about fire hazard? Should I exchange it for another?


Yes,if it still under warrenty take it right away.Exchange it for another one.Probally won't cause fire,but it will kill ur power supply board sooner or later.It will cost u about $200 to buy another refurbish power supply board,and labors to put it in or cost u $$ some tv Tech. to put it in.

Apr 26, 2010 | Sony BRAVIA KDL-40S2010 40 in. LCD...

1 Answer

A5 grooming shear overheats


Usually a faulty electrical component breaking down.The insulation factor is deteriorating due to an electrical short in the component. Prolonged use will eventually shorten the 15 minutes and have it catch fire while in use. Get it fixed or ditch it before you get burned, electrocuted or it causes house fire

Jul 25, 2009 | Hand Tools

1 Answer

A/c unit outside will not come on.


More than likely, your AC unit is on it's own breaker inside or outside the house. If it is, it is very possible that the breaker is either flipped or blown. This is a problem I would HIGHLY recommend that you contact a professional for due to the nature. If you flip the breaker back on, you could cause a surge to the unit, thus "frying" it, or it could cause a fire inside/outside the home.

Apr 27, 2009 | Carrier Heating & Cooling

1 Answer

2003 Chevy 2500hd caught on fire


your problem was the electric seat motor. I had the same thing happen on passenger side while driving,fortunately smelled smoke, looked under seat and pulled motor wire loose.

Mar 14, 2009 | 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD

1 Answer

Furnace filter is black and sooty wall seem to be sooty


   By sealed unit you mean that the burner air comes from outside of the house?      You have checked the heat exchanger for cracks by removing the burners and looking with a mirror and flashlight, correct, or had a service tech so?
The furnace burners have enough air and are burning clean (blue) with just a tip of orange at the end? You bought the house new and the fireplace has never been used?  If it has been used to clean smoke for the house for whatwever reason I woudl start by havign the ducts cleaned.   Another possibility I have seen is insolation inside of ductwork breaking down.   

Jan 28, 2009 | RTO Home Heating Products 5.5HH240...

1 Answer

I hooked up power to the playstation 3 and i went to go and hook up the uav chords to the tv for audio and picture and the playstation 3 was smoking and my tv caught on fire


sounds like a horrible short im sorry.
Call sony if you were under warrenty.
It sounds like you had a faulty power supply and it really caused a mess.
Why would your tv catch on fire though? Their isnt and source of power that travels through rca's that can cause a fire through your tv.

Mabye your Tv was faulty..

Give sony a call.

Good luck
if you need any more help ask away

Thankyou

Sep 11, 2008 | Video Game Consoles & Games

1 Answer

Asking aquestion


Please explain in some detail.. the wiring that was done and the power system in your house ( meaning ..what type of receptacle do you have and and what voltage is the washer set up for 220VAC etc?) I may be able to assist if I have more information... Also.. what actually burned that caused the fire? ( the cord, something inside the washer... please elaborate on that)

Aug 28, 2008 | Ariston Technologies Ariston AWD12 Front...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Televison & Video Logo

Related Topics:

351 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sony Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

75774 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Jerry Greenberg
Jerry Greenberg

Level 3 Expert

1689 Answers

Are you a Sony Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...