Question about Fuji FinePix J10 Digital Camera
Just bought a fuji j10 digital camera and when i connect it to my macbook using the included USB cable, it isn't recognised. I have tried using the included finepix viewer software and it still isn't recognised. I do everyhting i'm supposed to: My SD card has been formatted, the camera is in USB mode when connected. It just won't recognise it.
How can i get my photos onto my mc without having to buy a memory card reader?
Many thanks, HKA
I had the same problem with my camera & mac. I got this off the Fuji site and it worked for me:
If images cannot be downloaded from the camera to a Macintosh, check the status of the camera and the Macintosh and resolve the problem accordingly.
1) Check the status of the camera and Macintosh.
1. Connect your camera to the Macintosh and turn the camera on.
2. Open the "Applications" folder on the Macintosh HD.
3. Double-click "Image Capture".
* If the "Imaging device not connected" message appears, follow the steps described in [Checking the connection between the camera and PC].
4. Select "Preferences" from the "Image Capture" menu.
5. The procedure for using the Image Capture Preferences window differs depending on the OS version used. Use the correct procedure for your version of Mac OS.
- Mac OS 10.4: Click "General" in the Image Capture Preferences window.
- Mac OS 10.3: Click "Camera" in the Image Capture Preferences window.
- Mac OS 10.2: Simply proceed to the next step.
6. In "Items launched at camera connection", select "FPVBridge" and then click the [OK] button.
* If FPVBridge is not among the displayed items, follow the steps in [Displaying FPVBridge] below.
7. Quit "Image Capture".
If you implement the above procedure up to step 6, FinePix Viewer launches automatically.
* To stop FinePix Viewer from launching automatically, follow the steps in [FinePix Viewer Setup] below.
Posted on Dec 08, 2008
The battery in my J10 ran out and i forgot the charger.......i bought a usb cable from radio shack but neither my mac or my pc will recognize the camera. what do i do??
Posted on Nov 10, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 30, 2010 | Fuji FinePix J10 Digital Camera
May 17, 2010 | Fuji FinePix J10 Digital Camera
Apr 03, 2010 | Fuji FinePix J10 Digital Camera
Feb 22, 2010 | Fuji FinePix J10 Digital Camera
Jan 16, 2010 | Fuji FinePix J10 Digital Camera
Dec 06, 2009 | Fuji FinePix J10 Digital Camera
Oct 17, 2009 | Fuji FinePix J10 Digital Camera
Sep 05, 2009 | Fuji FinePix J10 Digital Camera
Jun 17, 2009 | Fuji FinePix J10 Digital Camera
Jan 30, 2009 | Fuji FinePix J10 Digital Camera
2,329 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: