Question about Canon PIXMA iP1600 Printer
Won't print even when ink tanks are full. Indicator light ... 5 orange 1 green blinks. It was just printing fine the other day.
..it's cleaning time, a simple if messy operation. You will have to clean the print head and the waste ink pads, and whilst there might as well clean all the other gunk as well..
..so how to do this ?
..power on, open front, let carrier slide to middle front, pull power cable, pull computer cable.
..by hand slide carrier to left to below the grooves in the upper case front. Clip the grey print head retainer, it pivots to the printer back, it must go up in the grooves, then remove print head, it comes forward..
Posted on Jan 10, 2009
I had the same problem before, try to follow the instruction below:
1. unplug your printer.
2. hold down the power button, then plug it.
3. release the power button
4. press it once again.
Posted on Sep 26, 2008
Posted on Sep 23, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
printer powered off but connected on power source , you must:
1. Press & hold stop/reset button, and then press & hold [ON/OFF] button.
2. When Green power lit, leave stop/reset button & press twice stop/reset (see orange indicator).
3. Leave On/Off button. Printer in actually service mode.
4. Press stop/reset 4 times (see orange indicator) if not blink restart above process from top.
5. After press stop/reset 4 times successful press On/Off button 3 times. printer will off.
6. Press On/Off button.
Waste ink full reset These are the instructions which worked for me on my Canon pixma mp470:
1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button. (Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button three times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.) During initialization, the LED blinks in green.
4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the 4 times. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
5) Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the
selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)
6) Power off then back on and test.
Waste ink full reset
These are the instructions which worked for me on my Canon pixma mp470:
Jul 23, 2011 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
on Feb 10, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 31, 2010 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 09, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP4200 InkJet Photo Printer
Oct 12, 2009 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 15, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 02, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 30, 2008 | Canon BubbleJet i320 Printer
Dec 03, 2007 | Canon Pixma iP6210D InkJet Photo Printer
Nov 07, 2007 | Canon BJC 8500 InkJet Printer
454 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!