Question about Printers & Copiers
1. I cannot find my printer manual.
2. I cannot download a manual because the printer red light / "paper jam" is on..therefore printer won't work.
3. I already removed the jammed paper. I don't see any more jammed paper. But the red light won't go out.
Is it possible that I forced the little blue lever at the front inside left of the machine and now it won't click back into place?
4. I will be in the U.S.A. from Thursday morning Sept. 11th until the following Wednesday, Sept. 17. So could you possibly reply via e-mail to my son's computer in the U.S.A. It is : email@example.com
Thank you VERY MUCH!
Chanie Kreisel, Jerusalem / Israel
POBox # 43278
Besides your helpful
there are extra doing steps to make my printer back to normal:
- Remove completely the unit toner cartridge, check paper jammed in that unit
- open the basck lid of the printer , remove all paper jammed in that arrea
- Blow out the container inside of the printer, to blow away all paper depris and dust.
- re-install unnit toner, close back lid\re-strat printer like your suggestion
Have a Nice Day
Posted on Feb 13, 2008
SOURCE: Error Light on Brother HL-2170W
Do not try to depress the green lever, since you need to remove the cartridge AND its base altogether. Just grab the front middle part of the assembly, pull it out slowly and steadily. You may need to apply extra force in doing so as it does take some effort to disengage the cartridge assemly from its seated position.
After the cartridge is removed, you may find some jamed paper inside. simply remove it and the printer should work again.
You may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have further questions.
Posted on May 21, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 01, 2011 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
Feb 28, 2011 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
Aug 28, 2009 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
Mar 25, 2009 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
Sep 13, 2008 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
21 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!