Question about GE WSXH208A Front Load Washer
The motor coupler may be broken. Many Whirlpool®-manufactured washers use a small, relatively inexpensive motor coupling. It's plastic and rubber and is mounted to the shaft of the motor on one side, and to the transmission on the other. Over time, the coupler wears out and fails. You may need to replace it.
* A belt may be broken. Many washing machines have one or two belts. If a belt is broken or badly worn, you need to replace it with a genuine belt from the manufacturer. (Some washing machine belts are designed with special characteristics not found in automotive belts.)
* The clutch may be worn. If your washer is a GE, it may use a clutch to come up to the proper spin speed. As the clutch wears out, it may prevent the unit from spinning well or at all. If the clutch is worn, you need to replace it. For this job, you probably want to hire a qualified appliance repair technician.
* The drive motor may be defective. Many washer brands use a reversing motor. For agitation the motor runs in one direction, for spinning and draining, the other. It's possible for a motor to burn out in one direction and continue to operate in the other. If this happens, you need to replace the entire motor.
* The transmission may not be shifting properly. Older washers produced by Whirlpool® have a transmission with an electro-mechanical shifter. If the shifter becomes even partially defective, the unit may drain the water but not spin. This is a complex system, if your washer has a shifter problem, you may want to hire a qualified appliance repair technician to repair it.
* The spin bearing or basket drive may be worn or seized. These components allow the inner tub to spin freely inside the outer tub. When this is the problem,
Posted on Sep 09, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Hello Tina Kaha - Often when a unit does not spin, it is because the unit cannot properly drain and dispose of the water and detergent solution. Does the unit make a humming noise? If so, the drainage hose/pump may be clogged and needs to be cleaned. If not, the washer may possibly be experiencing an issue with the door lock assembly, faulty pump, timer or control board not communicating correctly. Because it could be a number of any one of several underlying causes, I would recommend contacting a professional to properly diagnose and repair the unit.
Apr 19, 2013 | Frigidaire ATF6000ES Front Load Washer
Apr 01, 2013 | Frigidaire GLTF2940ES Front Load Washer
Apr 01, 2013 | Frigidaire Washing Machines
Dec 05, 2012 | Washing Machines
Nov 22, 2012 | Washing Machines
Jun 15, 2011 | LG WD-1280FHD Front Load Washer
Jun 14, 2011 | Whirlpool LSR7333 Top Load Washer
Apr 22, 2011 | Washing Machines
Apr 11, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet Sport HT WFW8400TE Washer
Apr 29, 2008 | Bosch Classixx WVF 240S Front Load Washer...
65 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!