Question about Compaq Computers & Internet
I am able to play games and burn music to unto my computer, but It will not accept my cdr- to load files unto the cdr. This just happened recently,and I am not sure what to do. My cd writing wizard keeps on saying that my Blank CD_-R is full, and not writable. Then it will sometimes say Please put a writable disc in. I do have a Writable disc in.
It is Sony CD-R 1X-4x. Thanks Sheila
My computer is a Compaq -V2710CA
Sounds like a tough problem to have because half of the CD drive is working fine (the reading part) but half isn't (the writing/burning part).
Here are a few suggestions:
1) try a different CD writing program, if the Wizard says the CD-Rs are full, try a version of Nero or a freeware burning program.
2) if, when you load the blank CD, Windows says that it's unable to burn it, it might not be a CD that your burner can recognize. If you are using different or new CDs, try another one or borrow someone else's blank CD. I've had it happen where a set of CDs that I bought were bad and couldn't be used. Also, some cheap CDs don't work on some CD burners.
3) It might be a bad CD drive. If it's an older computer, you might have to get a new CD drive. Before doing this, I'd try reinstalling the software and drivers for your CD burner and try both the suggestions from above. Good luck
Posted on Oct 07, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 12, 2015 | Download YouTube Music Computers &...
on Jun 09, 2008 | iRiver H340 MP3 Player
May 13, 2014 | Bose Wave music system Multi-CD Changer...
Mar 22, 2014 | 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Nov 30, 2011 | Lite On Lite-On 52x32x52 CDRW & 16x...
• Only audio CD-R/RW discs can be recorded with this unit. "Use Audio CD" will be displayed when a disc other than one
for use with audio such as a CD-R/RW disc for use with a personal computer or another type of disc is loaded. (See "Discs that Can Be Used with this Unit" on Page 5.)
• CD-R discs can be recorded to only once. The recorded information cannot be erased.
• The recorded information of CD-RW discs can be erased. When this disc has been finalized, erase after the finalization removal operation has been performed. (See "Cancellation of CD-RW disc finalizing" on Page 28.)
• Recording mistakes made with CD-R discs cannot be erased; therefore, it is recommended that a CD-RW disc be used until you are accustomed to the recording operation.
If you desire 74-minute blank disc just Google "cd-r audio 74". The unit will also use 800MB 80-minute CD's.
Jan 31, 2011 | Denon CDR-M30 CD Recorder
Aug 06, 2009 | HP Pavilion a6600f Desktop PC
101 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!