Sir at first i was installed avg 8 in my laptop after that i decide 2 install kaspersky 2009.so i uninstalled avg 8 but my problem is that when i going to install kaspersky 2009 it shows that some incompatable software are there in your pc piease remove it.now wht can i do regarding this problem.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Most probably it seems to be a low ram problem but you should match the specifications with your machine to find the culprit. here are the specifications
Intel Pentium 1.5 GHz
512 MB RAM
Hard disk free
space (for installation)
750 MB HDD
Recommended system requirements
Intel Pentium 1.8 GHz
512 MB RAM
Hard disk free
space (for installation)
1200 MB HDDI guess you lack something among them please verify them . If you re still not able to resolve just comment with error message
you might not have uninstalled AVG .instead you could have deleted the AVG folder. AVg components are still there in the registry.if you didnt uninstall it ,install AVG once more and uninstall it manually. if its not working remove AVG components from registry here are the instrucions: To remove the AVG registry entries, open Registry Editor (Start->
Run-> Regedit). In the registry editor, navigate to the entries
Right click on these entries and then delete them. If you are not
comfortable about deleting registry entries, you can use a free
registry cleaner. If you are using a 64 bit machine, then these are the
entries to be removed.
Ccleaner will not remove a virus, but is excellent for removing useless files. I find that the free version of ad-aware is very good for virus removal and protection. It is available at www.download.com search out ad-aware free, spell carefully, there are imposters. Spybot search and Destroy is also a good virus remover to have. I use both. AVG free is a good virus protection to install either before or after you have cleaned up your system. AVG is at this link: http://free.avg.com/
Strippy had asked you a right question. You may be trying to install AVG when you have already one antivirus program running. OR you had once installed AVG sometimes in the past, but uninstallation was not properly done. Hence it is showing registry key error.
1. If you are running any anitvirus prog now, first uninstall it. Then restart the machine.
2. Now you try install AVG. it should install. if not, try the following
Go to system restore and create restore point for safety.
go to run and type regedit and then enter
Press cntrl + F for finding earlier registry keys of AVG. Try to find out all old registry keys amd delete them all.
You Havn't specified, What is the problem exactly. I mean you have not specified the error Description.
But still The problem could arose while uninstalling Antivirus Program would be:
1. Any *.dll file missing from antivirus directory.
2. system file of antivirus missing from System32 directory of windows.
3. Any file that belongs to antivirus are not able to load while installinfg like uninst.exe.
4.Windows installer 3.0 is not installed on ur system
(Check out all the above including reviewing ur antivirus directory for uninst.exe file)
To solve this error you must do the following:
1. Run AVG antivirus setup program to repair. some times it doesnot give you the option if half of installed program have been removed from system.
2. Go to run type "regedit" and press enter
3. go to hkey_local_machine ->SOFTWARE -> and select AVG
expand trees of AVG.
4. Check for data path and its contents in AVG directory of program files, and also For UninstPath to varify that the uninst.exe in avg directory of program files is not missplaced
5. After doing the specified solution 60% are the chances that ur program would be uninstalled. else if it doesnot uninstall the program and gives the same error then Choose system restore tool.
For restoring do the following:
1. Go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories ->System Tools
and select System Restore
2. Go to next window, Choose the restore point that was before installing of ur AVG Antivirus.
3. Select that restore point by reading the description.
4. Click next to restore.
Note: Your system will restart after choosing the restore point and clicking next. It takes some time to restore.
Most probably this tool will help you to remove this antivirus.
Remove it's entry from registry by Going to run type "regedit" and press enter
go to hkey_local_machine ->SOFTWARE -> andright click AVG
and select delete option to delete.
just download the trial version of kaspersky antivirus its free and scan your conputer its a trial version for just 30 days if you want a full version antivirus then go for avg 8 my suggestion is for now install kasperky n after the trial period install the avg 8 to download kaspersky internet security click the link below