I have to reprogram the fax machine as I switched from Bell to Rogers. I know the line is good as I tested it with my phone jack and was successful in sending a fax out to a client. I must be missing a step because I cannot receive or send faxes using the line for the fax machine.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: HP Officejet 6110 all-in-one fax/scanner
Not sure what the problem is exactly. You say that your line is good and you successfully sent a fax using the machine but then you said you can't receive or send...apparently using the phone jack you have available for your machine. It should work using any phone jack you have available in your place.
HP.com has a web page that contains a wide variety of fax troubleshooting steps that may help you. Sorry I can't be more specific, but without knowing more about the problem, this is my best suggestion:
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This error indicates that the receiving machine (receiver) cannot receive the fax you just sent. The reasons might be unexpected shutdown of the machine (Receiver's machine) just before it completely received [or partially printed] the file you had sent or power failure during the process.
Another reason is, when we send color fax from Hp machine to another Machine (non-hp), this happens due to incompatibility issue.
1. Restart both the machine after deleting the recently sent/received fax.
2. Send black and white only, not color.
3. Try again after the phone line seems not much busy which means when there's better transmission capability.
If it is a Officejet 6110 All-In-One first run a fax test:
Press Menu/Setup> Press the right arrow key to locate Tools> Press OK> Now press the right arrow key to locate Run Fax Test> and press Ok.
Check to see what has failed and correct what ever has failed in the fax test.
And follow the below mentioned steps to connect the All-In-One according to your setup:
it seems like you have lots of services on your line. here are the things that i want you to follow to somehow resolve the issue.
1. Press the setup button on your printer, then use the arrow down button to scroll down and go to ADVANCE FAX SETUP.
2. Press okay on Advance fax setup, then it will give you options.
3. The first option is DISTINCTIVE RINGS, press okay on that.
4. It will give you first option "DISTINCTIVE RING", scroll down and look for "answer on double rings" then press okay. then try letting someone send you a fax.
Note: make sure that your answering machine is using your home telephone line so that it wont affect the faxing functionality.
1. if the issue still not resolve, try to press setup, then go to TOOLS.
2. press okay on TOOLS and it will give you options, scroll down using the arrow down button and look for RUN FAX TEST.
3. Check the result of the test if everything passed!
Let me know if the issue still not resolve so that i can go ahead and give you additional steps.