Question about Sony Handycam DCR-TRV520 Digital Camcorder

1 Answer

Problem no input or output at the firewire terminal & s-video terminal

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 27 Answers
Re: problem

Hi I don't really understand what are you asking here but check the manual. There is a s-video connection, i.Link (DV) connection and a regular A/V connection. btw the DV cable is not included with the camera.

Posted on Mar 26, 2006

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Can I hook up to the DW 100 Canon burner with my ZR200 to burn mini tapes on DVD?

No. The Canon USA web site says the Canon DW-100 has a USB terminal and works with "USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (with compatible Canon camcorders only)." In other words, the Canon DW-100 burner works only with Canon's USB 2.0 camcorders. I have a Canon ZR200. The ZR200 has Firewire 400 digital video output, not USB 2.0 output. The USB port on the ZR200 is ONLY for still images. Video will not and cannot be output through the USB port on the ZR200. (Page 121 in the ZR200 manual mentions using the USB port on your camcorder for transferring still JPEG images to your computer.) You need a DVD burner with "DV Input" (also called Firewire 400 or IEEE 1394) to hook up your camcorder to burn Mini-DV tapes onto DVD. The Sony VRDMC10 Stand Alone DVD Recorder/Player has DV Input. The ZR200 camcorder did not come with a Firewire cable, but you can buy one at any electronics store or at a cheaper price online. Make sure that you get the right kind of Firewire cable, 4-pin to 4-pin or 4-pin to 6-pin, whatever the DVD burner you choose requires. (Your ZR200 has a 4-pin DV port on the camera's end.) USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (with compatible Canon camcorders only)

Mar 15, 2011 | Canon ZR200 Mini DV Digital Camcorder

1 Answer


You look for the video and audio outputs available from your camera, the standard analog type are video composite (yellow RCA connector) and audio L channel (white RCA connector), R channel (red RCA connector), if the audio output is mono, you should have a black RCA connector, the you should look the corresponding inputs at your TV set and select them. If you have a digital output, usually a firewire connection, you should look for the cable and corresponding input at your TV set.

Feb 08, 2011 | Mitsuba HDC-505 Camcorder

1 Answer

How do i load tape to computer?

The simplest solution is to use a FireWire cable connected between camera DV output and FireWire PC Input.
If your PC or laptop do not has a FireWire Input, you can use an USB capture device like EasyCap connected to your PC by USB interface and to your Camcorder by RCA connector or S-Video connector.

Nov 25, 2010 | Sharp Viewcam VL-Z3H Mini DV Digital...

1 Answer

I do not have a usb port. can I still connect to a computer?

This camcorder does not have any digital interface capabilities, no USB or Firewire 1394. It only has S-video input/output.

Oct 14, 2010 | Sony Handycam CCD-TRV318 Camcorder

1 Answer

Unable to get dv input / output via ieee 1394 port

try an older version of pinnacle studio or another pc if still no capture, firewire camera board failed.

Oct 24, 2009 | Panasonic AG-DVX102AE DV Digital Camcorder

1 Answer

How do I capture vidio to my conputer

You will need a capture card and a video editing program on your Windows machine, and what is known as a firewire input. Macs from the G3 upward have a firewire input built in. Macs come with I-Video program which offers log and capture and editing capability. Connect one end of he firewire cord to the camera computer output and the other to the computer. Select the log and capture option in the software and transfer video. You will need lots of hard drive space to store your video, about 10 gigs per hour. You will also need a way to burn your video to DVD if you wish to save it and view it. Some people just upload their video to YouTube, which will only accept video of nine minutes in length or less. While it may seem simple, there are a lot of techniques you will need to learn to capture, edit and output video. You will need to experiment a lo before you learn all the tricks and variations in this process/.

Dec 01, 2008 | Canon HV20 HDV Digital Camcorder

1 Answer

Camcorder to laptop connection w/ s-video cable


Look carefully at your camcorder manual. I'm fairly sure that the the s-video is strictly an output to a TV or VCR recorder. Notice that the S-Video connector is located next to the white and yellow A/V connectors which are also output. Do you have an S-video input on your computer? That would be unusual unless you have added a TV tuner/DVR card. The only way I know of getting this camera's output onto a computer is to use an analog A/V converter which outputs on a USB port. One such box is the Pinnacle Dazzle device (just google it). It's about $40. Unfortunately the most popular Movie program is the Microsoft MoveMaker. Unless it has changed recently, it does not support USB input, only Firewire (IEEE1394). Some software I've used (maybe Roxio, maybe something with the Dazzle) can copy the USB input direct to DVD. Once it's converted you can source MusicMaker with an input DVD and then do your editing and creative stuff

Hope this helps??
John Estal
aka Johnny Wayne

Sep 19, 2008 | JVC GR-SXM37 S-VHS Analog Camcorder

1 Answer

Panasonic DS27 Camcorder IE1394 firewire out problem

See bottom two files, I think you may have a problem with your firewire port on your camcorder

Dec 06, 2007 | Video Cameras

1 Answer

Lost disk to be able to download video onto computer

Download free application WINDV (Small Windows utility for DV FireWire digital video input/output ).
buy and connect a firewire cable between camcorder (DV output ) and a firewire input in your pc, if you not hasn't got one, buy it. you can buy a card with this kind of inputs.
Connect and run application, play camcorder, and record to your pc, your video.

Dec 05, 2007 | Samsung VP-D103i Mini DV Digital Camcorder

1 Answer

Transfering Video

yes you will need an editing software pinnacle studio 10 or later to import and export via firewire the best thing todo is get a capture board with firewire on and transfer throught this as it is duilt for dvd camera firewire input output you could also get one with rca phono vid in and audio through pc sound card hope this helps

Aug 14, 2007 | Panasonic PV-GS16 Mini DV Digital...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Sony Handycam DCR-TRV520 Digital Camcorder Logo

Related Topics:

154 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sony Video Cameras Experts

Larry Stiles
Larry Stiles

Level 2 Expert

286 Answers


Level 3 Expert

93861 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Are you a Sony Video Camera Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides