Install the Print Head and Ink Tanks MP530 / MP800 / MP800R / MP830
Install the Print Head and Ink Tanks
to install the print head and ink tanks.
Follow the instructions below for Installing the Print Head and Installing the Ink Tanks.
- Confirm that the printer is powered on and press the <Open> button. (The paper output tray will open.)
- Lift the scanning unit (printer cover) completely. (The print head will move to the replacement position.)
When the scanning unit (printer cover) is opened more than ten minutes,
the print head moves to the right side. If this occurs, close the
scanning unit (printer cover), and open it again.
- Open the inner cover.
Installing the Print Head
Installing the Ink Tanks
- Raise the print head lock lever.
- Pull out the print head from its package, then remove the orange protective cap from it.
Do not touch the print head nozzles <1> , electrical contacts
<2>, or ink supply ports <3>. Doing so may cause printing
- Place the print head in the print head holder and lower the print head lock lever carefully until you hear a click.
Ink Tank Lamp indications
- Unpack the ink tank and pull the orange tape off completely in the direction of the arrow and remove the film.
Note: Tear the orange tape carefully along the dotted line. If the orange tape remains, printing problems may occur.
<4> Tape is completely removed.
<5> Tape remains.
- Remove the orange protective cap located on the bottom of the ink tank by twisting as shown in the diagram.
Do not touch the ink tank contact <6>. Doing so may cause
printing problems. Do not squeeze the side of ink tanks as this may
cause the ink to leak out. Do not reattach the protective cap once you
have removed it.
Insert ink tanks into the print head.
Note: Press the mark <PUSH> on the ink tank firmly until you hear a click.
Ensure that all the ink tanks are installed properly and the ink tank lamps light red.
<7> The ink tanks are installed properly.
<8> The ink tanks are not installed properly.
Note: Click for Ink Tank Lamp indications.
Close the inner cover and the scanning unit (printer cover).
Caution: When closing the scanning unit (printer cover), be careful not to jam fingers.
Note: The next printing begins, the print head cleaning will begin automatically.
You can check the status of each ink tank according to the way its lamp flashes.
- On: The printer is ready to print.
- Slow flashing (at about three second interval): Ink is low. Prepare a new ink tank.
- Fast flashing (at about one second interval): Ink tank is empty, or the printer is not ready due to an error.
- Off: An error has occurred and the printer is not ready to print.