Question about Canon PIXMA MP130 All-In-One InkJet Printer
After cleaning pads how do you reset the mp130 (no green light)
Waste ink counter reset
See waste ink counter reset
Service mode operation procedures
1) With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding the Stop/ Reset button.
2) When the Power LED is lit, press the StoplReset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button.
3) When releasing the Power button and the Stop 1 Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a service mode. (Waiting for menu selection)
4) When the LED lights in green, press the StoplReset button the specified number of time(s) according to the function listed in the table below.(Each time the StoplReset button is pressed', the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.)
Posted on Sep 18, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
If you reset the waste ink counter without replacing ink absorber, this means that you are may be about to overload ink absorber. If you only do this one time, it may be tolerable. Be careful if you do this more than one time, because it can flood your printer and harm other part.
To reset the ink absorber counter on the MP130
1. Turn on the printer,2. Press the MENU key, and the SCAN, COPY and SCAN again - entered the service mode
3. Select NVRAM ACCESS, pressr OK
4. Select SET ABS-M LEVEL and set value equal to zero
5. Select SET ABS-M LEVEL and set value to zero
6. Turn off the printer POWER button
7. Your printer can now be turned on and is in normal mode
If your absorber is full, call Canon at 732-521-7230 to order the replacement pads for the ink absorber.
If you do not have access to new ink absorber pads, you can extend the life of your current pads by rinsing them thoroughly and allowing them to dry before reinstalling them.
To replace the pad:
1. Open the printer as though you were going to install new ink cartridges, letting the carrier move to the center of the printing unit. Unplug the printer so that the carrier will remain centered.
2. Locate the waste ink absorbers in their black rubber frame. They will likely be on the right side of your printer, and will be located underneath the area where the ink cartridges rest when the printer is in standby mode.
3. Use a paper napkin or other disposable and absorbent material to soak up any excess ink that may be in the pads by pressing it down onto the top of the frame.
4. Pull the rubber frame free from the printer, wearing gloves to keep your hands clean. Carefully remove the ink absorber pad or pads from the rubber frame.
6. Insert new ink absorber pads firmly into the rubber frame. Replace the rubber frame in its original position and close the printer.
7. Hold down the power button, then plug the printer back in. Continue holding the power button down until the printer begins to reset itself and come online.
8. Wait for the green power light to turn off, then press and release the power button again. It should blink for two to three seconds, then stay lit; this will indicate that the printer has been reset and is ready to print again without errors.
Let me know if you have any other problems or questions. Thanks.
May 18, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP130 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 25, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP130 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 09, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP130 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 08, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP130 All-In-One InkJet...
May 08, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 23, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP130 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 20, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP130 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 05, 2009 | Cannon Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 15, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP130 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 30, 2008 | Canon Pixma iP6210D InkJet Photo Printer
129 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!