Use the lcd screen menu on the L7590. chose either basic or advanced setup. i forget which oine. it will ask if you want a receipt afer ech transmission. toggle the arrow button to yes. then press the "OK" button.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This error indicates that the receiving machine (receiver) cannot receive the fax you just sent. The reasons might be unexpected shutdown of the machine (Receiver's machine) just before it completely received [or partially printed] the file you had sent or power failure during the process.
Another reason is, when we send color fax from Hp machine to another Machine (non-hp), this happens due to incompatibility issue.
1. Restart both the machine after deleting the recently sent/received fax.
2. Send black and white only, not color.
3. Try again after the phone line seems not much busy which means when there's better transmission capability.
If you got a satisfactory solution to the fax receipt issue, I would surely appreciate your sharing it with me. I don't think that any HP all-in-ones will give you a receipt from the recipient. I need this too. Maybe I will reinstall Win Fax
Sent confirmation reports are available within the fax machine. Theoretically if the fax has been successfully sent, it should be successfully received on the other end as well. But unfortunately there is no confirmation for successful receipts, unless you are using IP based fax transfer.
1. Usually a "fax send report" just means that you will not receive a "receipt" or "confirmation" that the fax was successfully sent. Changing the setting to off is pretty much just saving you ink & paper. When my fax machine report is set to off, I only receive a receipt if the fax was unsuccessful. However, all fax machines are different and have a mind of their own...so your best bet it to refer to the owner's manual or call the company where it came from.
2. The only thing I can think of is maybe you need to replace the plexi-glass on the copier or do an internal wipe of the underside of the glass. Sometimes the ink can smear from underneath when faxed papers get jammed or printed.
I am not technically qualified for faxes but most fax machines i have used have a setting that allows you to have a receipt that prints off after you have sent one, this is something that can be turned off if not wanted, look in the manual and it will tell you how to reset it, i think it was called "polling" after a fax has been sent it prints off this little bit that says what time it was sent how many copies and time received, fax number it was sent to and sometimes company name etc
some machines i have seen and used have a poll button after you have sent your fax, try just pressing it, it may print out a conformation receipt of the last ten faxes sent
hope i have helped, if so rate me please
You should have a "setup" button. Press that and go to "fax" set up. You can select your options from there. Your options should include the ability to receive a receipt for all transmissions, or none, or just for failed transmissions.
Also, you mentioned you "inherited" the machine. I'd suggest going to hp's website to update the software/drivers. The site is www.hp.com.