IS THERE A WAY TO FIX AN LCD DISPLAY ON A DELL AXIM? I HAVE THREE UNITS AND ALL THREE DISPLAYS ARE NO GOOD. TWO OF THEM HAVE A WHITE BACKGROUND AND VERTICAL MULTI-COLORED LINES. THE THIRD UNIT IS VERY DIM AND SLOW TO RESPOND TO THE STYLUS. IT IS ALSO LIKE A PHOTO NEGATIVE IN TERMS OF ITS COLOR PATTERN. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THESE CAN BE REPAIRED OR IF I NEED TO ORDER NEW LCD DISPLAYS
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: DELL AXIM X30 LCD DISPLAY
This is not an uncommon problem, but I guess you already know that considering you have 3 of them around.
I heard that loosening the screws on the case a little bit can somewhat help. Although a pocket PC, the Axims dont responde well to being carried in a pocket, or to being carried around at all.
You should get a hard case for carrying your PDA with you, if you do manage fixing any of them.
If you have a valid warranty use it, if not then it could be a 200 $ repair. You could also try to scavenge eBay for a dead Axim with a working display, and try replacing the screen and any other Hardware components that died on you, such as the digitizer.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi, The problem with pocket PC is that you can't do something to test and find if the problem comes from the display or the graphic processor. If the device is not too old, you can try to repair it. In case that the device is more than 10 years, buy a new one. Sorry.
Downloaded programs can be installed onto the Dell Axim X30 using Microsoft ActiveSync. Microsoft ActiveSync can be installed onto your computer using the Dell Companion CD which came with your Axim X30.
Once Microsoft ActiveSync is set up on your computer, if the program you downloaded came in an installer file, then double-clicking on the file will start the installation wizard and the software will be automatically transferred to the Axim.
If the program you downloaded did not come as an installer file, then double-clicking it will bring up an error message. In that case, use ActiveSync Explore to copy the program file to the Program Files folder on your Axim.
check on ebay for a touchscreen (or a broken x3 or x30) not hard to fix. this model is great for repair, the lcd and touchscreen have seperate ribbons. a small "torx" driver can be bought at home depot for about $6
This model of the Axim X30 does not have built in wi-fi capability. You need to purchase a 802.11 b/g Wireless SDIO card.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT INSERT SDIO CARD INTO AXIM X30 BEFORE INSTALLING DRIVERS.
1. Connect the Axim X30 to your computer.
2. Establish a connection between the two devices using Active-Sync.
3. Insert CR-ROM which ships with the SDIO card in your computer.
4. Follow instructions for installing Driver an Utility.
5. Install SDIO card into the SD slot on the Axim X30.
My Axim X30 would not turn on using battery power but would turn on when connected through charger adapter.
1. Connect AC adapter directly to the charger adapter and then to the Axim X30 and to the electrical outlet.
2. Charge battery until power button is solid green.
3. Press the power button to power on.
4. Remove cable from cable connector leaving the cable connector connected to the Axim X30. The Axim X30 will remain powered on.
5. Turn the Axim X30 off.
6. Turned the Axim X30 on using battery power.
7. Remove cable connector from Axim X30.
You need ActiveSync from Microsoft. Unless you're using Vista which uses Windows Mobile Device Center. Connecting to the Axim to a Vista machine should automatically download the Windows Mobile Device Center software.
You have two ways:
1) Install the ActiveSync (Version 4.2 is recommended) PC Software with your PC first Next, you connect your Axim to your PC. Then you install the software or game into your PC. it will also install into your Axim automatically thru Sync process.
2) Or install the software or games into your External SD Memory card thru USB SD Card reader. Then put your sd memory card into your Axim and run the software or game. The 2GB or 4GB SD Card is reccommended since the game or software sometime is huge.
I hope it is help.