Ok First you have to make sure that you are in a WiFi (Hotspot) area because that is how the psp gets online.
- Step1 – Go to Settings and then select Network settings
– Select Infrastructure Mode and start a [New Connection]. By setting
up in Infrastructure Mode, you will be able to take advantage of the
more exciting features of the PSP, such as browsing the Internet and
playing games online with your friends.
- Step3 – Access the WLAN
Settings and select scan to search for an SSID of nearby access points.
If you find more than one access point, simply connect to the one with
the strongest signal.
- Step4 – Once an SSID is found, select it
(make sure you don’t rename it) and move to the WLAN Security Settings.
You should note that if the access point is using WEP encryption, you
will need to enter the WEP key manually (when the access point is
detected, it will display the type of encryption it is running. WEP key
should be displayed on your router. If it displays none, simply move
onto the next step.
- Step5 – Now you have a couple of choices of
either Easy or Custom in Address Settings menu. I suggest you selecting
the Easy option which will complete the Infrastructure Mode set-up
- Step6 – Choose your Connection Name and enter it. A Setting List will be displayed. Press x button to save settings.
– Test Connection to make sure everything works. If all is okay,
Network Settings will display Connection Name, Signal Strength, SSID,
BSSID, Channel, Security and IP Address.