An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: I am attempting to transfere E mail facility to...
Applogies for the copy and paste, but it's rather long winded to type, but sky tools is not the email setting, see below:-
1.Open Outlook Express, click Tools then select Accounts 2. Click the Mail tab, then click Add and select Mail 3. The wizard will start. Type in your name then click Next 4. Enter your email address then click Next 5. Leave the My Incoming Mail Server is a POP3 Server drop down box as POP3. In Incoming Mail Server enter: pop.sky.com (all lowercase, no spaces). In Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server enter: smtp.sky.com (all lowercase, no spaces). 6. In the Account Name Box enter the first part of your @sky.com email address (everything before the @ sign). In the Password Box, enter the password for your @sky.com email account, then click Next. 7. Click Finish 8. To complete the acount creation process click Tools then select Accounts 9. Click the Mail tab, then click Properties 10. Click the My server requires authentication box to place a tick inside. Click OK 11. Repeat the above process for each mail account you want to set up, including sub accounts. Each sub account will have a different email address and password. If you're having trouble sending email from Outlook Express (or other email software), it may mean you need to switch on SMTP authentication.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Normally most email issues can be resolved by some basic checks to make sure that the settings are correct. In summary we just need to double check a few settings which are very easy to do & can be summarized as:
1. Check Nameservers
2. Check Billing is up to date
3. Check Password for email address
4. Check Email Account Quota
5. Check if disk usage is exceeded
6. Check Configuration
7. Try Server-Name in place of domain name
These steps are detailed below - please take care to go through them in order, they should only take a couple of minutes:
1. Check Nameservers - Check that your domain name is pointing to the correct name servers where your email is hosted.
- if you check your welcome email from when you signed up to your hosting service you will find the correct settings. If you do not have the settings then please ask our 24 hour support team & they will confirm for you.
2. Check Billing is Up to Date - If your Nameservers are correct, please double check that your hosting is paid up to date by logging into your Billing Area
3. Check Password for Email Address - Check that you have the correct user name and password for your email account. The username should be of the format" email_ID@yourdomain.com", and password is case sensitive. The quickest way to check this is to login to your Webmail. You can do this by going to http://www.ENTERYOURDOMAINHERE.com/webmail
(Please replace ENTERYOURDOMAINHERE with your domain name).
You are then prompted to enter the email address & the password. If you are able to login to webmail then this means that the password is valid for that email address so we can proceed to the next step.
3. A. Reset Email Password if Necessary - If your password is not accepted then this just means that you need to login to your Web Hosting Control Panel & reset the password for your email address. To do this, all you need to do is to login to your web hosting control panel & select the "Email Accounts" icon & then select the option to change your password. The following link shows you exactly how to log in to your Web Hosting Control Panel.
4. Check Email Account Quota - Next we need to check if your email quota is full because if this is happening then that will stop new emails from being accepted on the server. To do this, login to your web hosting control panel (see point 3 A above) & select the "Email Accounts" icon & then go down to the list of email addresses & you can see a summary of email accounts & the quota for each. If your email account is full then you just need to either delete some emails via webmail (see point 3 above) or you can simply increase the disk space quota for your email address by selecting "Change Quota" (we do not recommend setting to unlimited if possible).
5. Check if disk usage is exceeded - If your email client doesn't let you connect to the server and throws at you a 'login failed/incorrect password' error, you are likely to have exceeded your disk usage. It's not the quota of any specific email account that has gone over the limit, but the disk usage of your entire hosting account. You should regularly keep an eye on your disk usage to ensure it always stays within the limit. Steps on how to find the disk usage.
You can confirm if your disk usage has been exceeded by simply trying to login to your cPanel. If it is over-quota, cPanel wouldn't let you in. You could then contact support who will look into it for you. Once you have verified that your nameservers, billing, password & quota details are correct we can now run through some trouble shooting to find out where the issue is.
6. Check Configuration - For your email software to be able to send & receive emails then the configuration settings need to be set as shown below. You can find these settings in your email´s software. For example, in Microsoft Outlook or Windows Live Mail you just need to select Tools/Accounts & then in the Servers tab please ensure that your settings are:
> E-mail Address: Your complete email address (see point 3 above)
> Password: Your email password (see point 3 above)
> My Incoming Server is a: POP3
> Incoming mail server (POP3): mail.domain (eg: if your domain is abc123.com your settings would be mail.abc123.com)
> Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.domain (eg: if your domain is abc123.com your settings would be mail.abc123.com)
> Remember password: Select Yes by ticking the box to confirm
> Server requires Authentication: Select Yes by ticking the box to confirm
Then select the Advanced options and check the following:
Outbound SMTP Port: 25 or 26 [Some ISPs block port 25 traffic to reduce spamming. If you are unable to send out mails through port 25, try port 26. ]
Inbound POP3 Port: 110
Do not select the option to leave a copy on the server as this will eventually fill up your web space if you select this option.
7. Try Server-Name in place of domain name - Still not working? OK, it could be that your ISP does not recognize the mail server settings so we will try replacing these one at a time with the main server-name of the server.
To do this please follow these steps:
A. Get your server-name from the product welcome mail.
B. Go back to point 6 above & first replace the incoming mail server (POP3) with the nameserver (i.e. using the example in the above article, we would replace mail.abc123.com with node005.hostingseries.net). Try again.
C. If it still does not work change the incoming mail server (POP3) back to its original setting (eg: mail.abc123.com) & then change the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) to the server name (i.e. using the above example we would replace mail.abc123.com with node005.hostingseries.net) & try again.
D. If it still does not work, please change both Incoming & Outgoing to the server-name (i.e. using the above example
we would replace mail.abc123.com twice with node005.hostingseries.net)
If you still are unable to configure your email, please contact our support team (use the 24 hour live chat service - top right hand side of our website) and they will be able to identify the issue for you.
Make sure your password and server name are correct on the email account, and make sure the server you are useing for outgoing mail is a pop3 server. Your provider for internet services may not be a pop3 server on your outgoing mail, it may be a smtp server or something like that for outgoing mail. Check in your email account properties to see what your outgoing mail server says, incoming and outgoing can be different depending on your supplier.
Log into Sky webmail, click mail settings, forwarding and pop/imap enable IMAP.
iPhone: Configure your mail client:
1. Tap Settings. 2. Tap Mail. 3. Tap Add Account. 4. Tap Other. (Note: Don't tap Sky Email; if you do, you'll set up POP rather than IMAP. We are aware of this issue and are currently working to make setting up Sky Email more intuitive for the iPhone). 5. Make sure that: - The IMAP tab is highlighted - Host Name is imap.tools.sky.com - Username is your full Sky Email address, including '@sky.com' - For Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP), Host Name is smtp.tools.sky.com
6. Tap Save.
And you've finished. You can verify your Advanced settings by tapping Settings, then [your Sky Email IMAP Account] followed by Advanced.
Incoming Settings: - Use SSL: ON - Authentication: password - Server Port: 993 for IMAP.
Outgoing Settings: - Use SSL: ON - Authentication: Password - Server Port: 465
Hi, It seems that there is some problem with your settings. Goto account settings-> select the email account -> advanced settings of Outgoing server tab. Removing the check mark present near something like "SSL connection". save it and try again. Also verify other ports and outgoing server address by checking with your email provider. i hope this is helpful to you
You are supposed to put the fully qualified domain name of the mail server in the SMTP server field, and the POP3 server field, like mail.acmellc.com and pop3.mycompanyname.com. Contact your mail service provider if you are not sure what the server names are.
PUTwhere pop is. mail.cox.net on the first line and on the next line smtp put mail.cox.net That it all you do is put mail. And your prvider. your user name you use to get online an pass. i will see if i can find a print.