- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
manual feed slot located in the front of the machine above the paper
Slide the gray paper guides to fit the size of the paper
Using both hands put the paper (side to be printed, face up) in the manual feed slot until you feel
the front edge of the paper touch the paper feed roller. Let go of
the paper when you feel the Brother machine feed the paper in a
You must then go to the application that you want to print to
the paper and use that application's paper settings to set the
paper size, orientation, font, style, etc
First Isolate whether it is the Side Door or their is a door on the rear make sure that isn't open. What I would do is Physically open and re-close all doors again the tabs and sensor get sticky after awhile. If not you could have a BAD sensor door switch.
Description of Problem 100000018247
When I launch PC-Fax Receive Program, I receive an error stating: The Fax Receive program must be started to receive PC faxes. What can I do?pc fax rx
Description of Solution 200000023257
You may receive this error if the pc fax application is closed and you have faxes stored in the memory of the machine. To resolve this issue,you will need to print the faxes already stored in the memory of the machine. To print the faxes, please follow these steps:
1. Press the MENU key.
2. Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to select Fax.
3. Press the OK key to confirm your choice.
4. Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to select Print Fax.
5. Press OK.
6. Press the BLACK START key.
- Your Brother machine will print the stored faxes.
7. Press the STOP/EXIT key to exit the menu.
8. Once the stored faxes have been printed, click WINDOWS/START, (ALL) PROGRAMS, BROTHER, XXX-XXXX (X = MODEL NUMBER), PC-FAX RECEIVING, XXX-XXXX or RECEIVE (depending on your operating system).
9. The Brother PC-fax receiving icon will now appear in your Windows Task Tray indicating that Brother PC-Fax Receiving is active.
I've had the same problem before. I don't know if it will solve your problem directly but I can offer a work around or two.
1. I have an efax number but with a company called callwave.com , I fax stuff to other customers using callwave and my MFC 7820n completes each fax successfully. So if you can get yourself a callwave efax number you can fax to yourself and forward fax as an email to your intended party.
2. Or, you can use your mfc 7820n to scan your fax docs as a pdf directly to your computer and then emailing them to your intended party.
Unfortunately it might be a brother issue because at the office when I use the hp fax machine instead of the brother machine, the hp faxes to efax numbers without a problem.
I had work done on my laptop. I have a Brother MFC 7820N printer, scanner,fax,copier. I cannot find my cd for setting the drivers to have my laptop use the 7820N. Where can I pull the information down on line to enable my laptop to use my printer?