Question about HP Office Equipment & Supplies
I believe I can see why you are completely fed up, and I happen to be in the U.S. Though it is not South Africa, I hope that printer doesn't fly this far when it goes through the window! :-)
Hopefully, we will be able to get your problems taken care of, and we won't have to worry about the printer or the window! In fact, it seems that the problems you are experiencing are actually related to the software rather than the actual printer - right? Believe it or not, these are usually easier to resolve. In order to help you, which I will, I need to understand the problem just a bit better.
Your message continues to refer to "you", a party with whom you evidently communicated, and who may have been working with you to some extent. As it sounds like this party may have been helping you - or attempting to - through some remote tool (downloading updates, etc.), this apparently was not FixYa, or one of its experts. Who was "you"?
Many times the software that comes with a printer has less functionality than a retail version, boxed product, and a number of people do not bother to install it. However, it should work - which is especially significant if you do not have other products, and the software was part of the purchase decision! Unfortunately, as I am not the "you" who failed to help you earlier, I will have to ask you certain questions to understand and assist you properly. I hate to put you through all this again, but if I am to help, this is the process.
1. Given that you have gone through all this with the software provided by HP, apparently you want to use those products, correct?
2. Is there a reason that you would be downloading the software for installation as opposed to installing from the CD that came with the printer?
3. What operating system is your PC using, and could you verify the service pack level?
4. Is system restore activated on your PC, and if so, is there a restore point available which is prior to all of this beginning?
5. Were antivirus and/or spyware protection products disabled during the installation process?
6. Do you have a record of the exact, complete error message received at time of installation?
7. If you are on XP or Vista, do you know if the 6/08 Critical Update for HP Photosmart Essential was installed?
8. Do you know what happened to Roxio Express? Was it never installed, or did the person who worked with you uninstall?
This is just the beginning, I know, but it shouldn't take too long, and so long as you feel confident downloading from, and following steps provided on HP web pages (or other as needed), we should be able to solve this for you! I will look forward to receiving additional information!
If this information assists you in resolving the problem, please take a moment to rate the solution at a "FixYa" level. If you do not feel that you can rate at a "FixYa", please post back with more information regarding what has occurred subsequently and/or more details regarding the situation, and I will gladly help you until we have reached a definitive solution. Thank you for using and rating FixYa!
Posted on Sep 09, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 16, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5280 Printer
Feb 15, 2009 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 16, 2008 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 08, 2008 | HP Photosmart C5280 Printer
Oct 17, 2008 | HP Photosmart C5280 Printer
Oct 16, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 22, 2018 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
97 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: