- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Make sure that the paper quality matches what is in the printer. If set to glossy, minimal ink is deposited on the page. Also, check the print quality - draft quality provides a minimal amount of ink as well.
Mostly, printer cartridge error occurs when the printer head is unable to identify the cartridge properly. And the basic reason behind this is that the cartridge is improperly attached. To reattach the cartridge, turn on the lid of the printer and then remove the cartridge from the printer head. Check the cartridge to make sure that there are no scratches or other damaged parts that can contribute to a printer cartridge error report. Take note that the cartridge should not be left open for more than 30 minutes; otherwise the ink will start to dry up and the cartridge will get clogged.
Try to print some more pages. The ink will take time to go down as it is not free flowing. This is due to the air beetween the new ink and the old ink, after some printing the air is push out and then you can have a clear print.
Instead of trying to change or find a "setting", the fastest resolution is to uninstall and reinstall the Printer, If not sure how, click start, click control panel, on the left of the window if you see switch to classic view, click there, IF XP, click Add/Remove Programs, if VISTA, click programs and features, remove all entries and reinsert install disk and repeat setup
try printing in monochrome mode or gray-scale mode, and specify that it use only the black cartridge.
another problem could be that the head have gotten dry, remove the cartridge, get a soft cotton towel, wet it with a little bit of water, put the head of the cartridge (where the ink comes out from) on the cotton towel, you will see some ink come out of the cartridge, if yes, then put the cartridge back into the printer, and give it a try.
if not try to blow some air into the cartridge as if doing CPR ;) to the cartridge, this will help the ink get out of the cartridge.
if all this fails, get a new cartridge, as sometimes the head could have gotten damaged.
you may check your ink cartridge
1) the cartridge some color almost empty, need to change a new one or refill the match color ink. test it and go next if not fixed
2) long time less using cause some color ink chanel(holes) dryer, you may take out the color ink cartridge and put it's surface of bottom (just touch ) in the clean water 1 Hr, then set back and test it. still not fixed, you also need to do same thing if your print head is separated from your ink cartridge