Question about Tomtom GO 700 GPS Receiver
This happens because files on your card are corrupted after an unsuccessful download.
If you have a card backup at hand, put the card into a computer, format it , and restore backup.
After that the TOMTOM will restart working normally.
If you did not make a copy or backup of the original card, or you cannot reach the computer hosting the last backup.Then follow the procedure below to restore your data :
1. Uninstall the application
2. Reinstall the application
We highly recommend backing up your device before continuing.
This will preserve any maps and voices you may have purchased.
1. Connect your device to your computer.
2. Go to Computer (Vista), My Computer (XP) or your Desktop (Mac).
3. Double-click the TomTom disk drive to open your TomTom.
4. Make sure that hidden folders and files are shown. To do this:
6. Delete all files EXCEPT these map folder(s) and the folder titled ASR, if it exists (the ASR folder will not appear on every device).
7. Properly disconnect the TomTom from the computer and exit TomTom HOME, if it is open.
Proceed to reinstall the application (below):
Posted on May 01, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 30, 2013 | Tomtom One IQ Routes GPS Receiver
Jul 12, 2010 | Tomtom GO 910 GPS Receiver
Jul 18, 2009 | Tomtom GO 700 GPS Receiver
May 16, 2009 | Tomtom ONE GPS Receiver
Mar 22, 2009 | Tomtom ONE 3rd Edition GPS
Jun 01, 2008 | Tomtom ONE GPS Receiver
Apr 20, 2008 | Tomtom ONE GPS Receiver
Apr 11, 2008 | Tomtom One Europe v2 GPS Receiver
767 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!