My washer door won't release. It keeps saying door locked without any clothes in it or without washing. It also gives an error message of f 21 i think it is. please help, i love my washer and miss it working properly!
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: Door won't unlock
Remove bottom panel reach up to lock area pull down on small tab to release door if tub has water in it remove pump filter aacess by turning counterclockwise (have towels handy dip out as much water as possible first)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
E30 is a door locking failure. The unit attempted to lock the door several times without success. First, make sure your door is closed firmly. Check for anything that may be blocking the door latch. Check that the latch is aligned to the door lock. Unplug the unit for 30 minutes to reset the electronics. If the unit still does not lock, please contact Edgestar at 800-297-6076.
F 22 is door lock error most likely need door lock but check door strike on door..To get clothes out remove lower kick panal reach up inside washer //at the bottom of door latch there is a small round tab pull down on it to release door..while you have the kick panal of there is a tech sheet inside washer try putting in die test/////but I would say door lock..Hope this helped If it did please vote...If you need more help please ask...Good luck
Hi There I have found this for you to read. it's door unlock error. Hope this helpful and let me know how it goes.
Door Unlock Error occurs if the door cannot be unlocked.
It will try to unlock the door 6 times before displaying
Lock Mechanism broken.
Door Lock/Switch Assembly for foreign objects
Wire Harness connections to the Door Lock/Switch Assembly
and Central Control Unit (CCU)
Lock/Switch Assembly Failure
Thank you for writing to fix ya. Best Regards Richard
This advice is for Kenmore Elite and Whirlpool Duet model front loading washers. If you experience a problem where the door becomes jammed and will not unlock or open, here's an easy way to gain access inside your washer WITHOUT calling the repairman.
1. Remove the lower panel under the door by loosening the three screws under the bottom edge on the front of the washer. HINT: If you prop up the front feet of the washer with some small blocks of wood, this will make access to the screws much easier. 2. With the screws removed, the lower panel should drop down then come off. If the panel sticks, a light tap on either side will knock it loose. 3. Reach your hand up inside the washer behind the front casing on the right-hand side. This is where the door latch assembly is located. 4. At the bottom of the door latch assembly is a small pull tab. This is the manual release for the door. Pull the tab straight down and the door will come open.
Sometimes these doors will not unlock for whatever reason. If there are no error codes being generated, this could have just been a momentary glitch. If you see "Fdl" "DLE" or "Fdu" error codes, these are usually indications of a failed door latch assembly and will require replacement.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
DL is the fault code for door lock error and
occurs if the CCU (Cental Control Unit)"recognize" that door is unlocked.
Potential reasons for it:
- Door Lock/Switch Assembly Failure - In this case it should be replaced.
- Door Lock unit is broken or removed from the door.
- Look for disconnected wires to the door Lock/Switch unit and to the CCU.
- Door Lock/Switch unit Failure