Computer "hangs up" when displaying the Polaroid Album in PhotoMAX
This error or system hang-up is usually caused by:
1. the camera driver software attempting to read a corrupted photo; or
2. there are too many photo thumbnails stored in the PhotoMAX temporary storage area.
In either case, the problem can be corrected by manually deleting the Fun! Digital 320 camera thumbnails from the Polaroid Album (using the Windows Explorer or My Computer icons).
Follow these steps to delete the Fun! Digital 320 temporary files:
Step 1 -- Locate the temporary photo files
If you are familiar with Windows Explorer, simply browse directly to:
C:\Program Files\Polaroid\PhotoMAX SE\Digital 320
If you are new to browsing the file system, follow these steps:
1. Double-click on the My Computer icon on the desktop.
2. Double-click on the C: drive.
3. Double-click on the Program Files folder.
4. Double-click on the Polaroid folder.
5. Double-click on the PhotoMAX SE folder.
6. Double-click on the Digital 320 folder.
Step 2 -- Delete the temporary photo files
Inside the Digital 320 folder, you will see many files, most of which will be bitmap image files. All of the bitmap files that start with dsc_ (example: dsc_005.bmp) must be deleted.
To delete the files, you can either drag them into the Recycle Bin, or highlight each file by single-clicking on it and pressing the Delete key on the keyboard. To select multiple files at once, hold down the Shift key on the keyboard as you click on them, then press Delete.
IMPORTANT: Do not delete the following files from the Digital 320 folder:
* Polaroid Album.exe
Sep 14, 2005 |
Polaroid PhotoMax PDC 3035 Digital Camera