Question about Lexmark X7170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Open lid press copy is scanner bulb bright white if not bulb is burning out or has burnt out
Posted on Mar 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
To adjust the default lighter/darker setting
1. On the LaserJet 3015, press MENU/ENTER.
2. Use the < or the > button to select Copy setup, and then press MENU/ENTER.
3. Use the < or the > button to select Def. Light/Dark, and then press MENU/ENTER.
4. Use the < or the > button to adjust the setting. Move the slider to the left to make all of the
copies lighter than the original, or move the slider to the right to make all of the copies
darker than the original.
5. Press MENU/ENTER to save the selection.
Page 48 of the User Guide has instructions for adjusting the light/dark setting during a copy job.
Also see the Troubleshooting section of the User Guide for other possible reasons for light/faded copies.
If your copies continue to come out too light, you may need to clean the insert a new toner cartridge or change brands of toner. I tried several "generic" toner cartridges and refills, but my prints and copies were always faded or streaky. After going back to genuine HP cartridges, I haven't had any print quality problems.
Jul 21, 2011 | HP LaserJet 3015 All-In-One Printer
Jul 02, 2010 | Canon Printers & Copiers
Feb 04, 2010 | Lexmark X2500 All-In-One Printer
Dec 09, 2009 | Canon PC-921 Black and White Copier
Jul 29, 2009 | HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 26, 2009 | Toshiba 6560 Copier
Dec 11, 2008 | Epson Stylus CX5000 InkJet Photo Printer
133 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!