Unable to connect to the synaptics pointing device driver
Hellow folks, i am encountering an error message in my mouse device manager stating that i am unable to connect to the synaptics pointing device driver...
I have been using a logitech wireless mouse that doesnt work well any longer. I bought a Microsoft wireless intellimouse explorer 2.0 and installed the software and rebooted my computer. The mouse does not work, it says uanable to connect to synapsis pointing device driver. How do I fix please? Thanks for any help!
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: unable to connect to the synaptics pointing device...
I am assuming that the mouse has batteries installed in it and the CD was used to install the software program for the mouse. Did you try
Turn the mouse over and find the small
rest/connect button on the bottom of the mouse and press it to
Reset/Connect the mouse to the receiver and work properly.
If not, try pressing the receiver button and then press
the mouse. This should be done whenever you change batteries or
Hope this helps you. Bud
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
What you need to do is go to device manager by clicking on start and control panel and find the device manager. You can also type devmgmr.msc and hit enter. Then you can see the pointer devices. You can then delete them and the right one will come back when you restart the computer you can then go back to the device manager and disable it there.
If your computer have a, Synaptics Touchpad you can try these steps:
1. Access the properties of the Synaptics Pointing Device by right-clicking on the system tray icon at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. If you do not see the icon, open your Control Panel and select the "Performance and Maintenance" option. Click "System", then "Hardware", then "Device Manager" to view the devices on your computer. Open the "Mice and Other Pointing Devices" selection.
2. Click on the "Device Settings" tab of the "Mouse Properties" window. The "Device Settings" tab is at the top of the window and located farthest to the right
3. Highlight the Synaptics Touchpad from the list of available pointing devices. Click the "Disable" button underneath the list. Click "OK" on the pop-up menu to confirm your selection. Click "OK" on the Mouse Properties window to close the window. Your Synaptics Touchpad will now be disabled.
Make sure to connect a USB mouse to your laptop before disabling the touchpad so that you will still have control of your pointer.
wow...i would boot to safe mode and reload the synaptic software. if you don't have it...just remove the device in the device manager and reboot.....let windows load the default drivers to make it work.
PS, You might need to load the NAV software before hooking it up.
Is your mouse new? if new maybe got factory defect. did you try your mouse to other pc? if not please try. if encounter same problem then, mouse is really defective. if not then, maybe your pc cannot support the mouse to run in the system.
Right click the Synaptics Pointing Device and select Pointing device properties OR double click the Synaptics Pointing Device. A Mouse Properties Dialogue is displayed, then select the Device Setting Tab and then select the synaptics device under device section then select the enable button and lasting select the the Apply button.