Hi, I was unable to select the down option using the joystick on my Sony Handycam.
I opened it up as I thought it would just be a case of adjusting the rubber (as on a keyboard key)
Boy was I wrong.
Would you be able to send me instructions on how to put my Handycam back together again please.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi, You need to format camcorder hard drive through Format option in camcorder menu itself. Please check camcorder menu and hard drive section for Format option, this will delete all files on hard drive and solve your problem. Thanks.
Hi , Connect camera to power and USB . Set power button on "on". Rotate selection ring knob on "play" ( green arrow ) and open screen . Wait for camera to be recognized by your OS ( sound " ding dong " in Windows for instance ) . With joystick inside ring knob , select " PC connect " on the screen of the camera , press on joystick to PC, press again to HDD and wait for connection confirmation . Now open " My computer " or " computer " on your machine . You will see the camera recognized as a supplementary drive . Clic on the icon , see the files and copy them to your HDD . Note there are MOD files , you can reed them on your machine but still will not be abble to create a dvd . Please , look in " fanaudi's solutions" if you need to solve this new issue . Thank you for visiting FixYa .
1. press menu button on the inside of the fold out display
2. use the joystick type button on the display to move to the left menu
3. use the joystick type button and move up 2 times.
4. use the joystick type button and move right.
5 use the joystick type button and move down 9 times to "clock adjust" and press it to select.
6 be sure and press it again to save the changes before you exit the menu
Switch it on auto (or easy) first and see if focus works that way. If your on manual (or P) You have to use the joystick on the display to control the focus. All you do is push the center button on the joystick, move the joystick down to focus, press the center on the joystick and adjust it left or right. Press the center on the joystick when corrected.
to finalize the disk for enabling discs to be played on other devices.
Connect this unit to the AC adaptor. Finalization cannot be executed using a battery.
Rotate the mode dial to select the arrow.
Press the MENU button, then select SETUP, FINALIZE, YES and press the joystick. Select whether or not to create a top menu, then press the joystick. When the confirmation message appears, select YES then press the joystick.
hope this helps you. julie
The Canon DC210 will only take 'minus' format DVDs (DVD-R, DVD-R DL and DVD-RW). Only the DVD-RW must be formatted (initialised) before use. During initialisation you'' be asked whether you want to initialise the disc in VIDO mode or in VR mode.
VIDEO mode: Once finalised discs recorded in VIDEO mode can be played back in most common DVD players, offering the best compatibility. However, recordings cannot be edited (deleted, rearranged etc) on the camcorder.
VR mode: You can easily edit the recordings on the camcorder. However, discs recorded in VR mode can only be played back with DVD players that are compatible with DVD-RW discs in VR mode.
My preference is Video mode - I can then play the disc on a DVD player and edit it on a PC.
Now, to initialise a DVD-RW
1. Press the 'FUNC.' key 2. Use the joystick to select 'MENU' - it's in the bottom left corner of the screen 3. Use the joystick to select 'DISC OPERATIONS' 4. Use the joystick to select 'DISC INITIALIZE' 5. Use the joystick to select either 'VIDEO' or 'VR' mode 6. Use the joystick to select 'YES' to confirm your choice 7. Use the joystick to select 'YES' to start initialising the disc
Close the menu only after the screen display returns to the 'DISC OPERATIONS' menu.
Don't forget to rate this solution once you've tried it !
First of all - only DVD-RW discs in VIDEO mode can be unfinalised.
To unfinalise a disc
1. Place the camcorder on a table or other stable surfacebefore starting. Even slight impacts tothe camcorder ater the unfinalise process starts may mean you permanently lose your data. 2. Power the camcorder using the compact power adapter. You cannot unfinalise if the camcorder is powered only with the battery pack. 3. Press the 'FUNC.' key 4. Use the joystick to select 'MENU' - it's in the botom left corner of the screen 5. Use the joystick to select 'DISC OPERATIONS' 6. Use the joystick to select 'UNFINALIZE' 7. Use the joystick to select 'YES' to answer the question 'do you wish to continue?'
Don't forget to rate this solution once you've tried it !
You've recorded your video and you're ready to view it on a PC.
Now you need to finalise the disk before you can see it on the PC, otherwise the PC will not be able to read it.
To finalise the disk, connect your camera to the power adapter, plug the adapter into a wall socket, and switch on the wall socket, then switch on the camera.
To get to the finalise step. switch on the camera, press FUNC (on the top left side of the camera), move the joystick down to get to MENU, press SET on the joystick, move the joystick down to get to DISC OPERATIONS, then select FINALIZE, using the SET on the joystick. Finalising will now start.
Make sure you do not move the camcorder or switch off the wall adapter during finalisation - this could cause problems.
Hi, to set the time or date, first press the MENU button (beside the DIRECT DVD button). Nudge the joystick to the left to select which settings you want to edit. Then go up until you reach the general options. Nudge the joystick right. Move the joystick up until you see "CLOCK ADJUST". Here you can set the correct time. The light is really easy to access. In the shooting mode (where you are seeing live video from the lense), nudge the joystick down. The light should come on. Nudge it down again to put it on Auto. It will turn on/off depending on the lighting. Nudge it down a third time to turn it off. Hope this helps!
Turn the camcorder on and press the ‘Disc Navigation’ button.
A list of thumbnail previews of photos and/or movie scenes will appear Select the scene using the joystick control on the DVD-Camcorder and then press the joystick or ‘Play’ button.