Here is the procedure to resolve:Step #1
Before starting make sure that BlackBerry Desktop Software is installed on the computer.Step#2
Make sure that you have installed updated device software installed in your PC. Check this link
to get update device software from carrier OS download site.Step#3
Users can perform a full or selective backup of the data using the Backup and Restore
tool in BlackBerry Desktop Manager by completing the following steps:
- Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer running BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- Double-click Backup and Restore.
- Select Backup to perform a full backup or select Advanced to perform a backup of specific databases.
- Choose a location to save the backup file, then click Save.
To perform a clean install of the BlackBerry Device Software, perform the following steps:
- Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- Double-click the Application Loader icon.
- Click Next to start the installation process.
- Type your BlackBerry smartphone password, if prompted, and click OK.
- Click the check boxes next to the names of the applications you want to load, and then click Next.
- Click Advanced, and then click the check box beside Erase all currently installed applications.
- Click Next.
- Click the check box next to Do not automatically backup the application data during the loading process.
- Clear the box next to Backup and restore applications installed wirelessly.
- Click Next > Finish.
- When the process has completed, the message The loading operation was successful will appear. Click Close to return to BlackBerry Desktop Manager
Hope it helped.