Question about RCA F35317 35" TV

2 Answers

Circuit board removal

I'm in the process of replacing the flyback in my RCA F35317. I've done it before on other sets, not to worry. I've discharged the coil and removed the seal from the back of the picture tube.
My puzzle now is how to get the circuit board to slide out of the black plastic holder?? Before I go ruining some small parts in the process I thought I'd ask an expert or two how to go about sliding the board out to expose the pins on the underside of the flyback.
I've got my desoldering iron ready to go !!!

Posted by on

  • daveg812 Sep 11, 2008

    Thanks to both of you for excellent advice.

    Turns out I had the board unclipped and unscrewed, what was holding it in place was mere plastic on plastic friction! It took some careful prying with a flat screwdriver blade to get it started. Once past the halfway-out point the board slid nicely. I used some silicone lube on the slides before re-assembling.

    The flyback exchange went without a hitch. Nice packaging and setup on the new one from Audio Labs of Georgia. I finished up the job tonight and set the software adjustments as per the sheet glued inside the cabinet. The set is working fine if not even better than before :)

    Thank you again guys...



2 Answers

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 927 Answers

Good Day, daveg812;
You said you did this before?? Remove back panel with RF connector nut etc, the chassis will be moved to the front/ or plastic holder towards you. Release two clips on back panel on both sides. Good Luck, big IRISH.

Posted on Sep 08, 2008

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 2,296 Answers

The whole plastic holder will need to be slide out by removing two screws holding it from underneath. Once you have the whole plastic holder out, remove the "F" connector nut and the power cord from it along with some small plastic like pins that hold the audio/video RCA plugs. Look for a couple of screws holding the board to the holder and then hold the board and slide the holder out.
Good Luck.

Posted on Sep 08, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer


If you wish to get some details; check the site linked here. Pull up older posts. Surf the site with patience.

Sep 08, 2014 | RCA Televison & Video

1 Answer

Rca bday61w66 convergence board removal

Different possibilities:
1. Bad hv circuit (flyback)
2. Bad connections on flyback & the little fuse next to it
3. Bad fuse near tuner
4. Bad picture tube
This tv is known to have any of these problems.

I believe the solution is: number 2.
I have had a few of these with burned up convergence boards, but it is rare. If you replace one, you must replace both if it has 2.
Check for rings around the flyback solder joints and the little brown fuse next to the flyback (3 are in a line).
Good Luck!

Apr 28, 2011 | RCA HD61W66 61" Projection HDTV

1 Answer

What is an exact replacement for RCA 237470 transistor? I cannot find the RCA part anywhere. The RCA board placement # is Q14401

This is the HOT (Horizontal Output Transistor) for your TV. There are several part numbers that can cross over as a replacement. This should be done only if the original RCA part number is no longer available however. I Googled your "RCA 23740" and got result pages with several compatible part numbers from Sony, ISC, etc. Then I clicked "Shopping" on Google's result page and found 3 sources for the exact RCA branded part ranging in price between $6 and $12. If you dug around the regular result pages I'm sure you'd find plenty more sources as well.

A few words of caution: This transistor is associated with the flyback transformer circuit. The flyback transformer is the source for high voltage - and can result in a painful shock or burn if the circuit has not discharged completely before contacting it. Use caution.

I hope this helps & good luck! Please rate my reply - thank you.

Mar 19, 2011 | RCA F32649 32" TV

1 Answer

Wont turn on. burning smell

Either CLo30 has burnt the circuit board or the flyback has shorted out. You can get a replacement deflection board from which comes with instructions on how to remove your old board and install the replacement.

Jan 09, 2010 | RCA HD52W56 52" Rear Projection HDTV

1 Answer

Try to turn tv on but just keeps turning on and off with no picture.

I am having the same problem.

This might be a temporary solution so you can watch the set.

Place a deck of cards that you don't plan on ever using, under the base of TV on the right side. You should hear a sound of a circuit connecting. Now turn it on.

Did that work?

Ultimately, the set will need some repair work to fix the circuit board or whatever is causing the problem.

Oct 22, 2009 | RCA F35317 35" TV

4 Answers

High pitch sound coming from circuit board, cannot

First, you will want to isolate the problem. Is it feedback from an AC outlet you have it plugged into? Is it a recent noise that just started with no changes to Tv or its environment, then you may want to consider that a circuit is going and decide if it is worth repairing, You should find that type of fix at a shop for under $100

Sep 27, 2009 | RCA F35317 35" TV

1 Answer

How do I replace fl231 fuse, and repair flyback transormer

I'm sorry, but you have no idea what you're doing. STOP!!!!! What makes you think the fly is bad? A bad fly will not let the set come on at all. If it was me, I'd be thinking the convergance circuit. That's why you have the 3D picture. If you hell bent on your diagnostic, The flyback is the most recognizable part inside a television. It's big, It's plastic and it has a big red spark-plug looking wire coming out the top. You unsolder it from the bottom. RadioShack has a desoldering iron with a red bulb that works great. Also some solder wick. Unsolder the pins and remove. Then replace and resolder. Same thing with the fuse. The fuses are all marked on the circuit board itself. Any part on the board must be removed by unsoldering. You need to trouble shoot in a better way than you are or you'll be spending alot of money you don't need to. Also, if you don't know what your doing, you can get yourself into trouble real fast and make the set unrepairable. Most shops won't work on sets that the customer tried to fix themself. You got me VERY worried. You are the guys I worry about giving information too and wind up killing themself. Please....get some help with that thing. I just don't want you getting hurt or destroying your T.V. It's an easy fix right now, but you have to know what you're doing.

Dec 24, 2008 | Televison & Video

1 Answer


There is 3 capacitors in same circuit 1 will be a 2200uf 16v / (2) of them are 220uf 35v and some sets may have (1) 220uf 35v (1)330uf 35v. replace 3 that are green with gold writing on them. also when reconnecting board make sure you have second ribbon connected good or set wil not come on.

Nov 06, 2008 | RCA D52W19 52" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

CP 150 Capacitor and Flyback

very easy you need flyback 259296 and the capacitor is 2200uf 25V radial. You can get replacement flyback and capacitor at the following link and they provide step by step instructions on how to do the repair.

Sep 10, 2008 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

1 Answer

Flyback board for RCAd52w20

a bad flyback will inhibit the protection circuit. This sounds like what's happening.

Aug 13, 2008 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

Not finding what you are looking for?
RCA F35317 35" TV Logo

Related Topics:

81 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RCA Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

72650 Answers

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1207 Answers

Jaime Hernandez

Level 3 Expert

2296 Answers

Are you a RCA Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides